Kforce is immediately seeking an experienced Service Reliability Engineer for their global, intelligent networking and software innovation client in San Jose, California (CA). Our client innovates everywhere; connecting people, things, processes, and data, reshaping technology across all aspects of life.
In your role as Engineer, you will be able to see the big picture of how the infrastructure works and then drill down into how automation can be put in place to close gaps and solve problems in monitoring, integration of services, and data analysis of Key Performance Indicators. You will investigate, design, and implement solutions to enable accurate and automated metrics tracking. You will regularly interact with the team's partners, clients, and leaders while performing this work.
* Build and maintain the Container/Virtual Machine Platform by ensuring that the platform is highly available, and that the infrastructure can scale without any downtime for the customer
* Manage performance and analyze infrastructure problems utilizing the latest tools and technologies to enable application containerization and microservices architecture
* Ensure that development teams can autonomously make use of the platform to deliver product features at a higher pace, with reduced coordination
* Ensure accessibility, integration, performance and security for all tools used in the product life cycle
* Share knowledge and best practices to enhance the SRE/DevOps approach
* Help the engineering teams to increase the deployment frequency and reduce the lead time and service in production using CI/CD
* Help engineering teams get deep insights into their applications in production
* Promote technical excellence by nurturing and monitoring the product
* Organize the accumulated knowledge and information gained by the team, making it available and easy to retrieve whenever needed by any team member, with an increased focus on the team process
* Minimum 5 years of IT engineering work experience
* Must have 3 years of experience with systems administration, IT service management, and operations; Knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM is a plus
* Experience with enterprise middleware tools is strongly recommended (application server (Tomcat, WebLogic), webserver (Apache, HA Proxy), file transfer, API Management, enterprise messaging systems (Tibco, Kafka, RabbitMQ), enterprise service bus (MuleSoft), web services gateway (Layer 7)
* Expertise on Linux operating systems and container platforms (Kubernetes, Open Shift) is required
* Excellent trouble-shooting skills on core-dump analysis, TCP-dump analysis, log analysis is a must
* Have a diverse technical background with general understanding of applications, automation, containers, Git, SSO, LDAP, AD, SQL/Oracle database, network storage, load balancing, and networking
* Continuous Integration experience (Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, UDeploy)
* Experience working with Agile Scrum and Kanban teams
* Developer expertise with data analytics and business intelligence (SQL, Tableau)
* Familiarity with cloud technologies, middleware technologies, or company tools
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.