Job#: 1261782 Job Description: Service Technician (Full Time Hire)
Cassady Ave, Columbus, OH
Contact: Please send resume to Andrew,
Client provides comprehensive IT asset management services for organizations and corporations. In this business line, we provide value-added services including logistics management, equipment refurbishment, data erasure, product re-marketing, sales, revenue sharing and reporting for our clients. We are headquartered in Peabody, MA with business operations around the world, including Asia, India, Europe and Latin America.
Client is also engaged in the business of wholesale distribution of technology equipment including computers, computer components and peripherals, networking and telecommunications hardware and other electronic products. We obtain supply on consignment and through direct purchase from end users, large manufacturers (OEM's) and distributers who find themselves with excess inventory. We re-sell those products to end users, other OEM's, distributers, resellers, and brokers worldwide.
Position Summary: This role will require the Service Technician to sort, inventory, data wipe, test, repair and prepare for shipment several types of computer equipment (Assets) including desktops, laptops, servers, switches, and related internal components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Sort incoming Assets into groups determined by machine type and manufacturer.
• Capture make, model and serial number of all Assets in Client's asset tracking software.
• Evaluate Assets and record any damage.
• Capture Assets specifications using a software solution.
• Data Wipe hard drives in Assets using a software solution.
• Troubleshoot Assets booting errors and update BIOS as needed.
• Perform part swapping and light repair.
• Attend company provided technical training.
• Maintain accurate and detailed testing records.
• Review data handling requirements for each PO received.
• Ensure requirements are adhered to.
• Remove any company identifiers or asset tags from all received Assets.
• Work with the Operations Lead Technician to maintain properly functioning test equipment.
• Monitor software license usage and report to Management when the available licenses are less than 100.
• Quarantine non-conforming product and report it to Management.
• Assist other areas of the manufacturing operations on an as needed basis.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Other special projects as requested by Management.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
• High School diploma or GED equivalency is required.
• Manufacturing and/or production experience a plus.
• Must meet the physical requirements including, but not limited to lifting, walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
• Minimum 1 years of experience from a similar position. For example: Computer Hardware Technician.
• This position requires great attention to detail.
• Must be capable of being trained to operate a forklift and pay loader.
• Must be able to lift 55-pound boxes
• Must be able to work in an environment with dust exposure and extreme temperature fluctuations.
• Must have the ability to stand and work on your feet for long periods of time (8+hours).
• Must be able to wear required ESD clothing and accessories.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to apply common sense with the understanding to carry out instructions
• Basic understanding of Data Center and PC equipment.
• Work well independently and as a team member.
• Good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work
• The ability to priorities workloads and meet project deadlines
• Good communication skills between peers and superiors.
• Understand the importance of your role and how your performance may affect your colleague's and production levels throughout the department.
• Understand the importance of your role and how your performance may affect your colleague's.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to lift, sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental
characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Also, the candidate must be able to comply with OSHA standards.
• Adaptability-Adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands
• Communication-Exhibits good listening and comprehension, Selects and uses appropriate communication methods both verbal and written, keeps others adequately informed.
• Quality & Quantity-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with attentions to detail and achieves established goals while striving to increase productivity.
• Safety & Security-Observes guidelines and reports potentially unsafe or unsecure conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Use of Technology-Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at