Blue Shield of California's mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - join us!Your Role
The Technology Services and Operations team manages the Service-now enterprise platform applications in delivering BlueShield of California's desired business outcomes and executing a deep understanding of Service-now.com functionality of technical solutions used to enable business and technology processes and having a business analysis competency. This role is the intersection between Senior ServiceNow development, Business Analysis, and process stakeholder development of robust business requirements/applications solutions that support an end-to-end business process. Building strong partnerships with business/functional unit and technical stakeholders drive alignment around release management and solution designs of ServiceNow applications. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of the IT Infrastructure Services Automation team. Your Work
In this role, you will:
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Apply professional experience and analytical skills to define recommendations and design solutions to meet requirements
- Be accountable for testing of various challenging/complex system and configuration elements and producing documents to support testing outcomes
- Acts as a lead in the analysis of business requirements to translate into solution configuration with limited or no supervision
- Provide input in cross-functional work sessions to assess requirements and propose options
- Build metrics and measurement into solutions to provide visibility into effectiveness and quality of service
- Configuring and developing scripting capability along with the implementation of processes and applications on the BlueShield of California Service-now instances
- Enhancing the IT Service Management and Service-now capabilities
- Assisting in the definition of business requirements, determining scope estimating work effort and duration of development activities
- Assessing and implementing appropriate tools in the development/production environments that drive consistency across development
- Keeping the currency of the ServiceNow platform to release currency and upgrade promptly with minimal or no disruption
- Developing Client Scripts, UI policy, UI Actions, Script Includes Business Rules, Workflow administration, Advanced reporting development, and data imports.
- Conducting peer reviews for development work and test automation integration as required from service-now to
- Marketplace IT Infrastructure Services automation team to develop and maintain Applications, roadmap, releases, SDLC, strategic planning, and communications as required
- Integration to third-party tools, databases and table management knowledge, web services and Service-now and integration hub capability highly desired
- Demonstrating good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering a solution that optimizes the Service-now platform in line with digital strategy
- Reporting and Analytics capability
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Requires at least 5 years of prior relevant experience
- 1+ year's experience in an Agile development environment and experience with agile methodology and tools
- 1+ years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform in a medium to a large enterprise environment. (5000 employees or larger)
- 1+ year's experience with various web technologies (JAVA Script, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP) or comparable web design.
- 2+ years experience in developing and using orchestration and automation workflow
- 2+ years experience in designing and developing SOAP and RESTful web services.
- 2+ years experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle
- 2+ years experience and in-depth working knowledge of ServiceNow modules such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, HR, Facilities, Service Catalog, Service portal, Custom applications development, Configuration Management, Reporting, Performance Analytics, Virtual Agent, LDAP, SSO, MID Server, Inbound/Outbound emails, Discovery, Service Mapping, and Integration HUB
- Familiarity with ITIL practices and understanding with a CMDB
- Service-now practices of the incident, problem, change, request, service-port, reporting, and performance analytics required
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals