SERVICENOW CMDB DEVELOPER
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Department of Social Services (DSS) is comprised of the administrative units of the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) and the Department of Homeless Services (DHS). HRA is dedicated to fighting poverty and income inequality by providing New Yorkers in need with essential benefits such as Food Assistance and Emergency Rental Assistance. DHS is committed to preventing and addressing homelessness in New York City by employing a variety of innovative strategies to help families and individuals successfully exit shelter and return to self-sufficiency as quickly as possible.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is DSS’s technology services organization. ITS mission is to support the daily, emergent, and long-term needs of both agencies. ITS creates and enhances the technology infrastructure and computer applications that support HRA and DHS and develops applications, including a variety of client eligibility and recertification systems, case management systems, housing systems, employment/work engagement services, revenue producing computer matches, claiming systems, and personnel systems.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is recruiting for one (1) IT Service Management Specialist, to function as a ServiceNow CMDB Developer, who will:
• Work with application owners, infrastructure, and database teams to troubleshoot application mapping failures. The ServiceNow CMDB developer develops solutions when the collected documentation does not illustrate all connections to nodes, servers, switches, databases, and applications.
• Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information.
• Work with application owners to create and validate service maps for all ITS applications which maps ensure the monitoring of applications with attention to specific nodes and their connections to servers, switches, databases, and applications.
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping/Discovery tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool and updating discovery configurations for deeper network penetration.
• Provide visibility to Discovery's performance and issues via the development and deployment of unified CMDB dashboards.
• Collaborate with infrastructure architects to understand IT technology strategy that guides which requirements need to be gathered. For example, requirements gathering assists in figuring out application dependencies in the context of the network infrastructure.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Relevant experience in Business, Information Management, or a related field.
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow discovery tools and Service watch; Service Mapping in the CMDB; ITIL Process and ITSM best practices; Discovery and Application Dependency mapping with tools such as Application Dependency Mapping (ADM), SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, Dynatrace or Device42.
• ITIL v3 Certification; Certified ServiceNow System Administrator; ServiceNow (CIS) Service Mapping Certification; ServiceNow (CIS) Discovery Certification.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $121,000 (Annual)
New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please go to http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID # 525735 to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
HRA/DSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.