Ventech Solutions is a healthcare solutions provider who has expertise in end-to-end information technology life cycles and data solutions. Across its offices, teams combine passion, experience and technical expertise with superior process and delivery knowledge to provide high-quality IT products and services that align with our key strength areas. Ventech Solutions proudly provides mission-critical initiatives for the U.S. government. Ventech Solutions is currently seeking a talented Sr. ServiceNow ITOM Developer to join their team. The Sr. ServiceNow ITOM Developer will support the team with Event, Orchestration, and Cloud along with Service Mapping assignments.
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The ServiceNow Developer, Senior - ITOM is a technical resource that possesses advanced administration capability and is able to design, build, and customize ServiceNow applications and services. The Developer works across applications, delivers new functionality and innovative solutions, and supports the entire development lifecycle as well as operational enhancements, maintenance, and production support of all modules and applications deployed on the platform. The Developer works with Solution Architects, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, other Developers, and Administrators on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements and is in line with industry standards and best practices. The Developer conducts tasks and assignments as directed and works under minimal supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. 50%: Designs and develops new ServiceNow applications and services. Works with Solution Architects to ensure appropriate platform design, utilizing out of the box functionality when available and minimal custom code. Completes development activities in accordance with best practices, effectively and efficiently meeting documented story requirements. Executes all required development lifecycle process steps.
2. 30%: Provides mentoring and guidance for ServiceNow Developers. Provides growth opportunities for System Administrators by conducting technical reviews and assessments of work, sharing knowledge and experience, and ensuring adherence to best practices.
3. 10%: Assists ServiceNow System Administrators with incident resolution, as needed. Provides troubleshooting and technical support for complex operational issues.
4. 10%: Assists ServiceNow Business Analyst in estimating story level of effort. Provides effort estimates for work to be completed on approved stories.
Course of Study/Major: Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: ServiceNow Developer OR Implementation Specialist Certification required, ITIL Foundations preferred Related
Work Experience: 4-6 years
• 4-6 years’ experience working with ServiceNow as a System Administrator and at least 2 years as a Developer
• 2 years’ experience with applications/modules beyond the core ITSM platform
• Strong understanding of ServiceNow Discovery, CMDB, Asset, Service Mapping Required
• Detailed knowledge of other ServiceNow ITOM functionality, Orchestration, Cloud, Event Mgmt, Highly Desired
• Experience with ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) Highly Desired
• Strong knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features
A minimum of 4 years recent experience with the following technologies:
• Development of scoped applications
• Knowledge of team development and update set best practices
• Data source configuration, transform maps, scheduled jobs, and import sets
• LDAP integrations, including SSO (AD, Azure AD, Okta, etc.)
• MID servers, to include performance tuning
• Extensive knowledge of the Glide class
• Web Services integrations including REST, SOAP, and JSON
• Bootstrap and AngularJS frameworks, AJAX
• Reports, dashboards and homepages
• HTML, CSS, Jelly • Strong knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features
• Knowledge of Service Management best practices (ITIL, ISO, CObIT, etc.), certification preferred
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology, with participation in the software development life cycle
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
DESIRED: ServiceNow Implementation Specialist, ITOM is highly desired (or the ability to obtain said certificate within 6 months of joining the team, this is required).
Senior experience in the ITOM discipline
**Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Security Clearance**