Position Title: Engineer ITSM Application (ServiceNow Developer)
The ITSM Application Engineer is a key member of the administration and development team responsible for the analysis, support, design, testing and development of ServiceNow. They should maintain a thorough understanding of ServiceNow best practices while developing /administering all aspects of the platform. In doing so, the ITSM Applications Engineer will possess the knowledge and hands-on technical skills to develop and support ServiceNow to JetBlue specifications.
The Application Engineer will work closely with Business Analysts, functional stakeholders, nearshore support teams and IT Service Management to drive Continual Service Improvement of ServiceNow as an ITSM tool.
- Assisting with the initial rollout of ServiceNow in conjunction with the project team and implementation partner
- Document and maintain design specifications, architectural diagrams, and process diagrams
- Effectively communicate changes to the ServiceNow platform and its hosted applications
- Adhere to ServiceNow architecture and design methodology best practices
- Provide on-call support for ServiceNow
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in ServiceNow and recommend workarounds or solutions
- Develop training materials and provide end-user or IT technician training on using ServiceNow
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and then develop/deliver solutions to address the business requirements
- Ability to execute all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) using DevOps and/or Agile
- Configure and maintaining application security across all modules and interfaces.
- Test, recommend and plan ServiceNow service packs, minor and major release upgrades to sustain product support conformance
- Provide design, development and implementation of ServiceNow through CSIP and Demand Management intake processes which include customizations, bug fixes or new features platform-wide while aligning with IT Service Management policy, process and procedures.
- Optimize mobile experience in all areas of the platform as need or defined by business requirements
- Development and implementation of sustainable custom scripts for but not limited to business rules or UI policies
- Identify, develop and implement opportunities for orchestration
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field and /or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through four (4) previous years of experience and education
- Understanding of ITIL best practice
- Three (3) years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Asset, Configuration, Incident, Change, Service Request, Service catalog, etc.
- Experience developing Web Services, Workflows, Forms, UI Policies, Business Rules, Client and Server side scripts, UI Actions, ACLs in the ServiceNow platform.
- Industry experience using REST and SOAP Web Services
- Understanding of ServiceNow’s cloud-based SaaS model
- Ability to explain technical issues and work progress to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Available for overnight travel (less than 10%)
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- ITIL Certified to at least Foundation V3 level
- ServiceNow – Certified Application Developer
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience with monitoring tools integration with ServiceNow a plus
- Experience in implementation of ServiceNow as an ITSM tool
- Capacity to adapt to constantly changing environments
- Normal office environment
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential to work flexible hours, be available to respond on short-notice and support on-call duties
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, i.e. exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Laptop, Desktop and/or tablet along with other office equipment
- Normal office environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)