IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Department of Social Services (DSS) is comprised of the administrative units of the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) and the Department of Homeless Services (DHS). HRA is dedicated to fighting poverty and income inequality by providing New Yorkers in need with essential benefits such as Food Assistance and Emergency Rental Assistance. DHS is committed to preventing and addressing homelessness in New York City by employing a variety of innovative strategies to help families and individuals successfully exit shelter and return to self-sufficiency as quickly as possible.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is DSS’s technology services organization. Its mission is to support the daily, emergent, and long-term needs of both agencies. ITS creates and enhances the technology infrastructure and computer applications that support HRA and DHS and develops applications, including a variety of client eligibility and recertification systems, case management systems, housing systems, employment/work engagement services, revenue producing computer matches, claiming systems, and personnel systems.
The Office of IT Service Management (ITSM) works with the Center for Technology Ideation (CFTI), the Business Relationship Managers within each Business Solutions technology portfolio, and the Project Management Office (PMO) to assure that DSS ITS delivers IT services to its customers quickly while minimizing uncertainty and risk. ITSM guides IT teams in managing the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers. This includes all the processes and activities to design, create, deliver, and support IT services.
Under general direction from the Manager of ITSM Tools, with high degree of latitude for independent action, judgment, and decision, the ServiceNow Developer supports the IT Service Management (ITSM) department in developing technical solutions with tools like but not limited to ServiceNow. The ServiceNow Developer utilizes its specialized design and implementation expertise when developing technical solutions that support the department’s initiatives and diversified ITS technology goals.
Information Technology Systems (ITS)/ IT Service Management (ITSM) is recruiting for one (1) IT Service Management Specialist, to function as a ServiceNow Developer, who will:
• Administer the ServiceNow instance, including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items, and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions.
• Create, maintain and enhance Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, Self-Service Portals, single sign-on (SSO) capability, and Active Directory Profile synchronization.
• Assist with implementation of ServiceNow applications and provide technical insight in designing and supporting ServiceNow while aligning to service management best practices.
• Collaborate with other ITS departments to create request forms to support their growing MS Teams requests.
• Provide operational and administrative support for the ITSM tool, which is not limited to ServiceNow. For example, updating user table with additional information needed for RFC approvals.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to information technology service management, process management, operations;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
• Minimum if 3 to 5 years of in developing ITSM tools such as but not limited to ServiceNow
• Minimum 3 years of Database technologies such as SQL and MySQL
• Minimum of 3 years of configuration management experience
• Experience configuring and customizing all aspect of ServiceNow - UI Actions, UI Policy, UI Pages, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Include Scripts, Catalog Client Scripts, Catalog UI Policies, Email Scripts, Scripted Web Services, Rest and SOAP web services, Roles / Groups to name a few
• Experience with ServiceNow version upgrades
• Experience working in a large government agency
• Working knowledge of Discovery and Application Dependency mapping with tools such as Application Dependency Mapping (ADM), SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, Dynatrace or Device42
• Working knowledge of ITIL Foundations concepts
• ServiceNow Administrator Certification
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
• Understanding of SDLC and Agile development
Salary Range: $75,000 - $118,000 (Annual)
New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please go to http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID # 470721 to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
HRA/DSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.