CAI is looking for a ServiceNow Discovery/Service Mapping Development consultant in the Hershey area.
This is a 12 month position that has the possibility of extension.
Description: The ServiceNow Discovery/Service Mapping Development Consultant is part of the ITSM team. This individual will work with technical SME's to gather technical requirements as needed. The ServiceNow Discovery/Service Mapping Development Consultant plays a key role during the planning stage of enhancing the automated collection of configuration data that makes up a Service. Additionally, the Development Consultant will work with ITSM teams to understand process requirements and translate them into technical specifications for Service Mapping implementation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions.
• Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information.
• Provide visibility to the performance and issues related to Discovery via the development and deployment of unified CMDB dashboards.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered.
• Work with Application SMEs to create and validate Service Maps for key applications.
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping/Discovery tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool and updating discovery configurations for deeper network penetration.
• Maintain the integrity of the Service Mapping tool across production and non-production environments
• Assisting in troubleshooting patch / release management issues, and upgrades
• Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as partial owner of the CMDB
o Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Business, Information Management or a related field required
o Minimum of 2 years' experience with ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping
o Minimum of 2 years' experience with Configuration Management
o Minimum of 5+ years working on a team as part of a large IT organization
o ServiceNow Administration certification and completion of ServiceNow Service
o Experience working with LDAP, Active Directory.
o Experience integrating with tools to federate data into the CMDB
o Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills
o Familiarity with network concepts (routers, switches, firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
o Intermediate to deep understanding of ServiceNow ITOM portfolio
o Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping
o Strong hands-on experience with REST and SOAP web services
o Ability to discuss credentials, install a product, troubleshoot permission issues, discuss and trouble shoot network connectivity with network developers/architects
o Strong written and verbal communication, good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
o Able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
o Acquaintance with Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
o ITIL v3 certification
o Experience working with Infoblox
o Advanced ServiceNow Administration and Scripting course completion
o Experience with ServiceNow Event module
o Experience with ServiceNow Asset Management module
470 Friendship Road, #300 Harrisburg, PA, 17111Contact