The ServiceNow Platform Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. This is a SME/Subject matter expert role; the successful candidate will collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) following industry standards on a day to day activities and administration. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Platform Engineer will participate in administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. reporting to program leadership and customer.
- Designs, plans, and administrates ServiceNow.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of ServiceNow using a variety of scripting and programming languages.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow.
- Evaluates new ServiceNow technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Guides the successful completion of projects.
- Work is performed based on documented stories associated with scrum planning sessions.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies technical expertise and of other related disciplines.
- Familiar with Agile development processes .
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- 3+ years of professional experience in design, development and/or Administration in ServiceNow
- Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Better than fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required
- Able to obtain (and maintain) Government Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
- Able to travel up to 10 percent
- Position is remote/telecommute based, 90 percent
My SAIC Benefits.