SUMMARY: The ServiceNow System Administrator manages core modules of the ServiceNow platform, including general administration, programming, system configuration, and maintenance. Researches and deploys new releases and enhancements to support daily system operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs programming, administration, and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform.
- Designs and modifies equest, Incident, and Change Management workflows as well as other applications and services for ServiceNow Fulfiller groups.
- Builds and maintains business rules, forms, lists, user interface components and scripts, tables, menus, and access control lists.
- Interacts with the system vendor to perform routine system updates, version upgrades, and other maintenance as well as troubleshooting system issues.
- Facilitates ServiceNow system integration with third party software when required.
- Conducts needs assessments and identifies requirements for business units requesting to establish service request management as well as other ServiceNow modules.
- Follows best practice guidelines and procedures as needed for administering the ServiceNow platform.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all support issues related to the ServiceNow platform.
- Interacts well with team members and communicates effectively with our internal customers, IT personnel, and management.
- Documents processes and procedures for system management as well as writing and updating department procedures and desk aids related to the ServiceNow system.
- Works collaboratively with business units to train users on the use of the
- Creates system reports for management’s review to improve service processes and efficiencies.
- Acts as escalation point for Logix Service Desk to troubleshoot technical issues as needed.
- Accomplishes individual and departmental goals and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- 2 - 4 years of experience in IT Service Delivery.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in ServiceNow programming and system administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to work with staff and management level personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, organize priorities, and effective time management techniques.
- Ability to work overtime and varying schedules to support organizational goals when needed.
- ServiceNow certification(s) or equivalent experience.
- Experienced with IT Service Management concepts and ITIL Foundation v4 Best practices preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and/or applicable industry certifications are preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistently with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work
This job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.