Job Title: Data Scientist – Capacity Mgmt
Location: Kirkland, WA 98033
Duration: 12+ months
Your top goals will be to develop and mature various capacity management (servers) data models by working across a large, diverse sets of data to gain a deeper understanding of drivers for future capacity needs across our worldwide Datacenter Services Teams. Build analytical models, formulate and run data experiments to enhance insights influencing the efficiency and availability of our datacenter capacity. ServiceNow is growing at an incredible pace and this role will have a significant impact to our future success!
As a successful Datacenter Operations Analyst, your performance objectives will consist of:
• Develop & implement analytical models that establish an improved data-driven understanding of our Capacity Operations worldwide, driving continuous improvements, and informed capacity decisions
• Analyze and interpret data to provide recommendations and insights into capacity-related models.
• Collaborate and engage with subject matter experts to gain operational insight into building analytical models leveraging real-life experiences
• Use standard and ad-hoc reporting methods to gather and consolidate pertinent data to run resource modeling experiments
Skills & Capabilities That Are Critical To Success Include
• Utilization of critical thinking skills to conceptualize complex business problems and their solutions using advanced analytics on large scale, real-world business data
• Independently execute analytics projects and help our internal teams understand the findings and translate them into action
• Business problem definition and conceptual modeling to elicit important relationships and to define the system scope Statistics/Econometrics
• Advanced statistical techniques to analyze structured and unstructured data and early experiences with predictive modeling, time series analysis, and implementation of forecasting models
• Visualization of analytic results in a form that is consumable by a diverse set of stakeholders
• Show structured thinking, planning and the ability to execute by collaborating and working through others (teammates, SMEs and leadership teams) and influencing without authority
• Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders and leaders about our programs and objectives
Required Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of experience in data analytics, data sciences, mathematics, statistics or data modeling
• 3+ years of industry work experience in SQL, SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP, DAX, MDX to implement statistical models, and analysis (prediction, classification, clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.)
• Proficient with SQL Azure, Azure Services and Azure Data Factory
• Should have data visualization skills, experience in tools like Power BI, Excel, SQL
What You Will Be Doing
• As the first dedicated Analyst to our capacity management team, you will take a fresh look at what we're measuring and tracking. From there, you will produce and track metrics that drive our capacity decisions and retention as well as define new metrics and conduct analysis to improve the onboarding experience, engagement and conversion of trial users.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to all meaningful stakeholders
• Collaborate with engineering and operations team to develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and visualizations (dashboards, reports etc.) and other strategies to measure and evaluate KPIs
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Ensure data quality, locate and help engineering correct data collection and processing problems
What You Bring Along
• Mad query skills, report writing and presenting findings (mandatory)
• You live and breathe data, and know all about data models, pivot tables, queries, etc.
• You are curious and growth-oriented when it comes to helping us define the future of our business.
• From a location standpoint, this role will be located in Kirkland, WA (USA)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Technical expertise in data models, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools and databases (SQL, NoSQL etc)
• Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical tools for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics a plus