Requisition Number: 83714 BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Supervisor Services oversees all execution of contracted service solutions to support the Client's business. This includes but is not limited to: specific service desk support, quality assurance in the custom configuration lab, managing technicians and material handlers, and development and execution of day-to-day business practices as related to all quoting, vendor warranty, vendor trade-in, order management, and other related activities. WORK PERFORMED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintain close relationships with all of Insight's primary Services vendors and Insight team mates.
- Assists in developing new partnerships and emerging technologies pertinent to the growth of Services revenue and increased profit margins.
- Make sure all employees are working efficiently thru constant monitoring of orders.
- Follow business practice guidelines and communicate to management existing or potential problems.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Coordinate training and assessment of new teammates.
- Investigate and resolve complaints received regarding services performed.
- Oversee the ordering of necessary supplies.
- Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner as well as communicate effectively (in both written and verbal communications) with Insight's partners and clients and teammates
- Contact sales representatives with any questions concerning sales-related projects.
- Ensure that ISO standards are maintained and strictly followed.
- Act consistently with Hunger, Heart, and Harmony
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or similar certifications preferred, but not required. Must have a thorough knowledge of common IT equipment. Three years of supervisory or related experience in a high tech environment preferred. Experience supervising a remote team a plus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must have an intricate knowledge of all programs and operational procedures of all Insight's Services vendor partners and effectively communicates those procedures to teammates and Insight sales as required. Must have a proven track record of effectively supervising teams. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints required. Ability to write using original or innovative techniques or style a must. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business/ professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations a must. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, other employees. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Richmond, VA || Virginia (US-VA) || United States (US) || None; INT || None || US - Chantilly, VA ||Job Segment:
Manager, Developer, Supply, Service Desk, Quality Assurance, Management, Technology, Operations, Customer Service