SOLUTION NETWORK - SharePoint Developer - Associate
Deloitte Consulting LLP ("Deloitte Consulting") is one of the nation's leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology and human resources planning. We bring together a strong combination of experience, scale and capabilities to help clients address their most complex business problems. The organizational structure of our parent organization, Deloitte LLP ("Deloitte") and our collaborative approach integrate our consulting services with other Deloitte subsidiaries offering tax services, financial advisory services, and risk management capabilities. Clients depend on us for straightforward advice and results that create value.
With nearly 10,000 Deloitte Consulting employees in more than 80 U.S. cities, we understand that people are our most precious resource. We also know that serving our clients and helping them and our people excel demands a diverse range of skills, talent, experiences and backgrounds.
About the Deloitte Solutions Network
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solutions Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, Networking, SAN, Server Virtualization, Cloud, etc. SNET staff is exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases, serves as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills.
The Solution Network (SNET) SharePoint developer will be responsible for providing technical services and assistance for application and technology products supported by the Solution Network. This position will be in Deloitte's Washington, DC/Rosslyn facility or Orlando, FL, and will be part of a larger team based in Philadelphia, PA, and Hyderabad, India. The position will be focused on supporting Federal Practice in internal application development, solutions development, client projects as well as pursuits. Activities include but are not limited to architecture design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of selected packages and applications. In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will also require providing assistance to project teams with project planning, developing documentation, and guidance for system and environment improvements.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred)
Work Location: Rosslyn, VA
Security Clearance Requirement:
• No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Must be Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
• The position may require active U.S. government Top Security/Special Compartmental Information Clearance, or the ability to obtain these US government security clearances
Travel Requirements: Up to 50% is possible
• Minimum 3-4 experience installing, configuring, administering, developing and troubleshooting SharePoint environments (versions 2010, 2013, 2016 and SharePoint Online)
• SharePoint 2013/2016 development experience, including InfoPath forms and SharePoint Designer workflows
• Experience in scripting languages for automation of administrative tasks (PowerShell, VBScript, PERL, etc.)
• Experience and/or knowledge in Analytical Tools like Tableau, QlikView and Power BI
• Operational expertise in Windows, Linux and VMWare environments and experience in system administration (Windows and/or Linux)
• Experience with different database like SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 11g/12c, AWS RDS and open source databases like Mongo DB, and NoSQL
• Knowledge of Microsoft IIS, Domains, Active Directory and ADFS
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients and current project team members to gather requirements, perform internal testing and UAT, provide training or demos
• Technical proficiency including systems maintenance, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, monitoring, performance measurements, change management as well as issue management in a multi-platform environment
• Experience to work with various application owners and developers to maintain optimum availability of development and productions systems
Relevant Business Skills:
• Prior consulting experience working on virtual teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with peers, clients and engagement teams on project assignments
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
• Customer service oriented planning and communication skills
• Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
• Knowledge of federal industry
• Manage multiple task assignments simultaneously
• Strong time management skills
• Self-motivated and proactive work approach
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.