Sr Software Engineer
PROJECT: Directory Modernization program will modernize the current approach that UHC/UHG support the member interaction with Provider to find that can help with their health needs. Directory Modernization will leverage and align with Provider Data Platform / Health Care Platform to provide a centralized experience for all Provider business transactions, across all applications who have the need to consume directory eligible providers. The program will enhance the issues of Data Inconsistency Lack of interoperability, High Latency and Identity management of our providers with modern solutions.
IDEAL BACKGROUND/TOP REQUIREMENTS:
* Elastic Search
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Self starter, Can hit the ground with minimal hand holding, team player.
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
Part of a team
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
Scrum Team would be comprised of the following characteristics
Team Size 8
100% Software Engineers
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
1. Participate in all phases of software engineering including; requirements, design, coding and testing.
2. Design and implement product features in collaboration with product managers and stakeholder.
3. Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries or micro-services
4. Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks
5. Build awesome software that changes not just our business but the whole industry
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Java experience required
- Apache Spark experience strongly preferred
- GitHub experience preferred
- API development experience preferred
- CI/CD - Jenkins experience or experience with a similar tool is preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare industry a plus
- Experience working in a agile scrum setting preferred
- Kafka/Data Streaming experience a plus
Experience with some or all of the below:
-Healthcare/insurance industry experience a plus (Provider domain experience a plus)
- Java or Python or Scala/Spark
-Kafka and streaming architectures
-Cassandra or other NoSQL datastore
-GitHub for Version Control
-Jenkins for CI/CD
-OpenShift or Cloud Platform experience a plus
What skills/attributes are a must have?
* 3+ years in the software engineering profession
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
* Development Experience with full stack development
* Experience deploying apps on Open shift, Amazon
* Experience with Test Driven Development.
* Experience with DevOps - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery