Astor & Sanders, an IT solutions provider located in Rockville, Maryland is currently seeking a Microsoft SharePoint Developer with light SharePoint administration skills to work in a government facility in Hanover, MD. SharePoint is the foundation of the client s website, used as the central repository for Network Administration data, documents, policies, procedures, and Knowledge Management for supporting the client s network infrastructure. The SharePoint Developer is required to support the management and customization of this tool, and its integration with other alert and management systems utilized by the client. The SharePoint Developer will provide back-up administration support to the customer including, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint within the organization. The SharePoint Developer must be able to work with little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution
- Technical support of InfoPath forms, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, and Integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Coordinate with other tool administrators relating to current and new integrations with SharePoint
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for SharePoint (MOSS 2007/2010) solutions
- Work with client stakeholders in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stored and retrieved
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
- SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment taking a support role in implementing upgrades and migrations. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web applications, site collections, and sites and the hardware and software related to the SharePoint infrastructure
- Administration of Windows, SharePoint, IIS, and SQL Servers.
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis. Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, GPO, SQL Server, IIS, etc.)
- At least 3-5 years Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 development experience
- At least 3-5 years Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, jQuery, SharePoint Designer, and Windows PowerShell
- Experience supporting Enterprise websites.
- Content Management Development and Support experience
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010 Architecture and best practices
- Working knowledge of various web and graphic design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, GIMP, etc.)
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Development practices
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer
Optional, but desired :
- Windows 2012 Server administration experience strongly preferred
- Experience supporting a SOC/NOC environment
- Working as part of a development/integration team
- Experience with the ITIL IT Lifecycle Management Framework
- At least 3-5 years work experience administering SQL Server 2005/2008
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance
Education, Degrees, Certifications:
- Bachelor s degree in a technical subject.
- MCTS in SharePoint is desired
- All certifications must have number or copy of actual certificate attached
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated professional seeking personal challenges and professional rewards. Astor is a fast-growing, award-winning provider of IT solutions and services, and provides software engineering and development solutions using a variety of development tools, including host-based, web-based, and client-server applications. We offer a unique, stimulating, challenging, and fun environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance.
Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers. We help our customers stay ahead of the curve, meeting challenges and needs of the progressive market.
Our competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, metro-check program, and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a chance to work with bright, highly motivated people dedicated to excellence, please apply today!
EEO/AA employer. Astor & Sanders Corporation (Astor) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. Astor welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.