Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combing governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a SharePoint developer to join our team in DC.
* Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions
* Applies graphics design and .NET technologies to develop, modify, and maintain SharePoint portals including administration of farm environments, multisite collections and workspaces, workflows, web parts, themes, templates
* Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements to existing systems and integration of other applications with SharePoint
* Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards
* Provide technical support and resolution of production defects
* Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
* Build proof of concept examples and maintain product test software and demos for training purposes
* Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
* Understand and use Agile and Waterfall best practices and software approaches to develop solutions
* Identify and mitigate application performance issues
* Understand and actively mitigate potential security threats
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 5+ years of professional software development experience and demonstrated technical excellence and creativity using both .NET and SharePoint
* Experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications
* Experience with SharePoint's application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services
* Ability to develop SQL Server Views and Stored procedures and optimize them for performance
* Experience developing applications that implement workflows
* Experience with root cause analysis and defect resolution in a production environment.
* Strong communication skills with both internal team members and business stakeholders
* Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
* Requires a BS Degree in IT related field
* Microsoft/SharePoint certifications
* Experience building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices
* Experience with MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint Designer, and Visual Studio Services
* Cloud Experience a Plus
* Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain "Public Trust" level clearance.
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability