By Light is hiring a SharePoint Developer to join our team supporting MARTA in Atlanta, GA.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technical strategy and advises department management where improvements are deemed necessary.
* Ensures that delivered solutions meet all client standards, including compliance with published standard architecture(s) and completion of required system documentation.
* Participates in the requirements gathering process and creates the appropriate artifacts.
* Design and develop solutions that customize and extend SharePoint in a manner that fulfills business opportunities, as prioritized by the executive sponsors and leadership. This includes integration with other enterprise systems and third-party products.
* Lead the system development lifecycle for SharePoint custom solutions, including analysis, design, configuring, programming, and testing.
* Manage the proactive examination of existing business processes and identifies gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements and automation, including workflow and content management.
* Continually strives to improve the efficiency and usability of our SharePoint solutions, leveraging ongoing research and understanding business needs.
* Provides SharePoint administration, development, customization, system documentation, and support of customer requests.
* Administers site collections and site collection security, configures site collection features. Designs, develops and deploys SharePoint features, enhancements, add-ons as requested.
* Maintains and enhances existing Nintex workflows as well as implements new workflows as requested.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of responsive web design and has significant experience integrating responsive web design with new and existing SharePoint solutions.
* Provides detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods for new and existing SharePoint solutions.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of SharePoint central administration and PowerShell administration modules. Performs SharePoint event log troubleshooting in addition to search administration and troubleshooting.
* Manages SharePoint permissions, analyzes and reports upon SharePoint usage and activity. Implements regular reviews, maintenance, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites.
* Recommends solutions, establishes business case, and assists project manager and others in building acceptance of new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
* Assists in leading technical collaboration outside of project team.
* Assists customers in articulating and defining their business requirements and assists in preparing the business case justification for technical investment decisions.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related field.
* Five years of specific experience in applying skills such as SharePoint architecture, object model, shared services, business process/workflow automation and SharePoint/Nintex forms development.
* Proven experience in SharePoint custom solution design, development, analysis, and documenting business processes.
* Proven experience in business process automation using industry-standard workflow automation and forms technology.
* Expert knowledge of SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and SharePoint online implementations.
* Experience with Project Server 2013 and 2016.
* Working knowledge of .NET (C#\VB), and PowerShell for custom development.
* Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013 (or higher).
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (or higher).
* Familiarity with Agile development processes.
* Experience working with several programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software.
* Experience working with relational databases.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology