For our direct client in Northern NJ, we seek an experienced SharePoint Development lead, to help lead multiple development initiatives using onshore/offshore partners. This is a long-term (1 year +) contract, onsite in Northern NJ.
The Development lead will work with stakeholders to assess, design and implement solutions. The lead will have significant hands-on experience defining and implementing solutions build on Microsoft SharePoint (including SharePoint Online) and other Office 365 apps; have experience with implementing search technologies and a solid understanding of the associated change impacts resulting from collaborative technology solutions. Leads the solutions design and development working with Architect, Technical Product Manager and Developers to get analysis and implementation of key business requirements.
- Responsible for technical design, implementation and maintenance of clients’s enterprise collaboration capabilities
- Advises the business on innovative real-time communications, document sharing, team workspaces, social and collaborative working topics.
- Partners with Architecture, Development, and Business Analysis to define technology standards that meet business expectations and needs as identified with clients’s global collaboration and knowledge function
- To implement the successful technical deployment of systems (mainly SharePoint-based) within global environments, the role will:
- Support the Senior Solution Architect in their role as trusted advisor and representative in any technical matter as required
- Manage and implement the technical alignment of Global/Regional/Local configuration and deployment architectures with respect to supporting core infrastructure items; for example, operating systems, productivity tools, browsers, and database technologies
- Manage and implement the determination of requirements for all aspects of technical delivery and configuration, including: documentation, workshops, forums, training and contribute to their development and delivery. Coordinate these activities and other communications as directed by IT management.
- Maintain current knowledge of collaboration architecture and related technologies ensuring staying relevant with latest changes and technologies in this field
- Lead technology effort to help Global IT maintain collaboration technologies as defined by the Collaboration group's business needs.
- Work with Global/Regional/Local IT teams to help them configure implementations, plan functional and performance testing as well as facilitate the transition of systems through delivery into formal support processes
- CreateSharePoint data and application models, architecture documentation and other project deliverables related to defining and implementing collaboration solutions
- Understand the principles and practices involved in planning, managing, and implementing change projects and programs
- Ability to act quickly on issues and requests associated with business needs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong competence in packaging complex ideas into simply business-ready documentation
- Team player who is self-managing, works well under pressure, with excellent inter-personal skills to work with employees and all levels across multiple initiatives
- Must be comfortable working in a global environment with distributed business partnership network onshore and offshore
- Competent in use of MS Visual Studio Team Services and TFS and other commonly used SDLC systems
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications and MS Visio (i-Server experience a benefit)
- Some experience with data architecture and associated representation models Teamwork
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of .Net, SharePoint, Azure, Search, IIS and collaboration product suite
- Ability to use Visual Studio Team Server for code management
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads
- Deep understanding of distributed data model
Job ID: 4177