|Shore Lead Engineer|
|USA CALIFORNIA San Diego|
| Summary: |
Assists in the definition and programming of moderately complex software. Works effectively on several phases of systems/software programming/analysis with little direction, but may require some instruction and guidance for other aspects. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products. May assist in the coding of benchmark testing, job accounting and other control modules developed internally by the company. May assist with moderately complex software applications, such as system generations, compilers, link editors, and assemblers.
• Shore Lead Engineer provides Tier IV and production engineering support to the Navy ONE-NET (OCONUS Naval Enterprise Network) nodes located around the world as part of the In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) at SPAWAR San Diego. Provides support to the ONE-NET Windows architecture and associated systems using Microsoft System Center 2012 Comfiguration Manager 2012. Frequently develops, reviews, or updates documentation. Travel to ONE-NET sites overseas may be required. (10%)
• Provide remote Tier IV support to Navy ONE-NET (OCONUS Naval Enterprise Network) nodes located around the world. Primary interface will be with Tier III engineers located at Theater Network Operations and Security Centers (TNOSC) located in Japan, Italy, and Bahrain and with design and production engineers/SMEs located in San Diego, CA.
• Works with design and installation engineers in San Diego and with Tier III engineers and Technical Directors at ONE-NET sites.
• In addition to Tier IV support, candidate may either lead or participate in projects, to include design, documentation, accreditation/Security testing, and on-site installation. Tier IV engineers are expected to participate in design/engineering meetings in order to stay appraised of changes, and other Tier IV meetings to communicate with site engineers.
• Duties include periodic maintenance of San Diego lab assets, to include installation and configuration of software patching, providing operator training, and troubleshooting identified system problems. Will utilize Microsoft Configuration Manager 2012 to support configurations of systems and deployment of software to sites. May use CommVault to support lab and sites with backups on Nexxus and Quantum storage.
• Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to deal with issues at sites in multiple time-zones
• BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 12+ years technical experience in related discipline required. Windows Server IAT2 level certification/training required at minimum for Windows server 2008/2012.
• 6-8 years of experience working on an enterprise network or equivalent required. 2+ years experience on a military enterprise network highly desired. Experience working on ONE-NET as a network engineer highly desired. Must be experienced with IAVAs and patching, backups using enterprise level tools and systems (CommVault preferred) with operational experience highly desired. Ability to produce quality documentation required. Ability to troubleshoot network and operating system issues across multiple platforms required. The candidate must be familiar with DoD Certification and Accreditation requirements (DISA STIGs, DITSCAP/DIACAP requirements), and must be experienced in security remediation of Windows Server and Desktop systems.
• Must have current Secret security clearance.
• Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel. Must be able to produce and modify technical systems engineering documents. Must be able to use Visio to develop architecture diagrams and prepare or support brief preparation under direction from the network lead.
• Personnel may be required to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time. Individual must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
• Certification in networking highly desired. Certification as IAT3 (per DoD Inst 8750.1) highly desired, and certification as CISSP may be required.
• Experience with HBSS highly desired. Experience using Remedy for ticket documentation/resolution highly desired.
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
|Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.|
|High School Diploma or GED Certificate |
|18-21 years w/High School Diploma |
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
|ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.|