The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Main-mission communication satellites, wideband links, command and telemetry, and terrestrial networks, along with their enabling technologies, are the domain of the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. The division comprises all aspects, from architectures to implementation; our engineers work directly with corporate customers to ensure robust and resilient communications.
The Communication Software Implementation Department (CSID) performs proof-of-concept studies, implements new algorithms, and builds hardware prototypes to bring our radio systems beyond simulation and into the real world. We design non-traditional transceivers using machine learning for classification, regression, reinforcement learning, and unsupervised clustering.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Design, build, test, and demonstrate software/hardware prototypes for intelligent, cognitive radios
- Use software-defined radio and machine learning frameworks to develop software for both individual and large team codebases, using best practices for code understandability
- Pitch ideas for new research and development projects
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in small teams
- Adapt to changing industry trends and explore new concepts outside your comfort zone
- Participate in project planning and budgeting. Deliver tech demos and briefings to internal stakeholders and occasionally to external customers
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience and/or years pursuing an advanced degree related to digital signal processing or machine learning
- A theoretical understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, Golang, Rust, Swift
- Working knowledge of any machine learning library such as TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, PyTorch.
- Must be an active software developer and be able to pass a coding interview
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and engineering problem solving using software-defined radios or machine learning
- Development experience in GNU Radio using USRP or similar SDR platforms
- Contributions to Github repositories, Kaggle competitions, open-source projects, or Stack Overflow answers
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement