Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR & VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistors, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.Facebook AR/VR is looking for a Silicon Power Architect who will work with a world-class group of computer vision and imaging architects and engineers. This ideal candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon power modeling, analysis, optimization and projections from algorithms on generic compute units to custom silicon IP blocks, traditional compute benchmarking, and SOC and System level implications. The candidate will be comfortable working across the entire hardware/software stack and work with architecture, firmware, design, backend, system and verification teams to drive the team towards architecting and implementing the most power efficient design in the AR/VR industry.
- Define power architecture that includes functions such as image compute, throughput and QoS analysis, power management architecture, power grid architecture and perform detailed modeling, simulations and analysis.
- Work alongside a team of other architects and designers to drive and perform power analysis, modeling, and projections.
- Create detailed power models capturing application data flows across general purpose and custom compute blocks
- perform cost/benefit analyses to drive design and product decisions.
- Run power simulations, analyze results and guide the design team in power optimization.
- Work on model to hardware correlation post silicon.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of work experience with production silicon.
- 3+ years of low power experience at the design, architecture and system levels.
- Experience with building approximate/high level models and detailed power modeling methodologies to drive early and late stage power estimation.
- Experience programming in C++ or Python to build power models.
- Experience with static and dynamic power management techniques at the RTL, architecture and hardware/software interface.
- Experience evaluating architectural trade-offs of performance, power, and area.
- Experience employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues.
- Experience in technology node scaling and projections.
- Experience in custom IP block power estimates.
- Experience with power modeling and architecture for computer vision/imaging silicon.
- Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution.
- Experience working effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working with ambiguity in a fast paced work environment.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners and providing project leadership.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.