Job DescriptionExciting Career Opportunity Sr. Site Reliability Engineer(SRE)Type: Direct Hire - Permanent, Full Time opportunitySalary: Competitive Salary + Benefits + BONUS STRUCTURE (8-10% ANNUAL BONUS BASED ON COMPANY PRODUCTION AND AN ADDITIONAL 4% ANNUAL BONUS BASED ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AFTER 1 YEAR)Work Authorization: - , HoldersLocation:Atlanta, GA/ Remote for now ConsultNet
is actively recruiting for a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to be responsible for maintaining production systems, including: Production Support, Automation, Systems maintenance, release management, configuration and use of source code management systems and code build systems, utilizing agile methodologies.
This position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as reliability engineering and configuration management and software development. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for Production applications stability, Automate monitoring, process improvements, best practices in a reliable manner. Create software scripts to automate test, staging and production support improvements deployments.
- Perform daily system monitoring and troubleshooting for critical applications, which includes verifying the integrity and availability of cloud infrastructure, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, live data feeds, and batch processing.
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through entire deployment pipeline.
- Drive and maintain all operational activities related to production support. Flexible to take care of Production issues during incidents.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the Support and deployment process.
- Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible. Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Understand where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development and production support process and lead projects to implement these solutions to gain organizational savings..
- Write knowledge base articles and play-books for commonly asked questions or frequently reported issues, including root cause analysis (RCA).
- Perform changes to infrastructure outside of documented play books such as software upgrades.
- Communicate with internal, external and Business partner teams about technical issues.
- Create more stable operating environments by continuously improving the infrastructure to be easily deployable and scalable. Maintain advanced knowledge of agile methodology, development processes, and programming languages.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
: Determine when and how to escalate issues to management, must be able to decide when and how to work with a variety of internal and external teams, and must be able to decide on best solutions for technical problems. Qualifications: Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with SQL, ETL and Big Data stack.
- 1+ years deep hands-on skills in Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Dataflow, Composer, Pub/Sub), Tibco EMS, Kafka, Flume, Hadoop, Apache open source frameworks. Open to AWS and Azure.
- Experience in coding applications using Java, Python, Shell Scripting.
- Good understanding of data engineering, ingestion and processing of data within Big Data ecosystems and performing complex query analysis and analytics on the data.
- Good understanding of technology including Hadoop (Flume, HDFS, Hive, HBase, YARN etc...), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Tomcat, stream processing, RDBMS, NoSQL databases.
- Expert understanding of all application development processes including software development methodology; ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Experience working with existing applications and supporting the business area. Able to serve as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
- Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
- Experience implementing Infrastructure-as-code design.
- Experience with Containerization (Docker or equivalent) and Enterprise CMS.
- Demonstrable understanding of PaaS frameworks and web application servers.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com