Solidus is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer, to work as part of a team in a modern software laboratory, Kessel Run.
In order to strengthen and grow our Application Operations team by bringing on board talented SRE engineers to join our platform team that manages large scale physical and virtual server environment that underpins our global e-commerce platform. In this role, you will be involved with and exposed to a wide variety of systems and technologies but particularly focused on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. The Kessel Run team is aggressively moving towards "Infrastructure as Code" model. We are looking for someone with an "automation" mindset.
- Own SLA for Production Systems
- Drive faster MTTD/MTTR for critical systems
- Troubleshoot independently Sev1/Sev2 incidents
- Own/Manage/Support baseline Operating System image/templates
- Support CI/CD
- Maintain and review DSC/puppet modules and support the provisioning infrastructure
- Own and operate all package repos (python/java/rpm/etc.)
- Drive efficiencies across the Kessel Run hybrid cloud
- Invent innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency
- Drive scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure
- Own production systems scaling & throughput
- Work with other teams to provide consultations in systems architecture support for new and existing production systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
Some of our larger initiatives include:
- End to End Automation of system builds
- Ongoing scaling of our platform to support forecasted traffic
- Standardization and improving automation of systems, processes, and services
- Data center expansion and moving to the cloud
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship and potentially the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university desired
- Minimum three years systems administration; but we are recruiting to multiple higher levels also
- Site Reliability/Platform/DevOps background
- Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to data center operations, server hardware, web servers (IIS, jboss, etc.), databases (MS SQL, mySQL, mongoDB), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Experience with structured programing languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with .NET and RestAPIs is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab CI etc.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automated testing etc.
- Experience with JVM tuning and optimal configuration
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm