The FBI s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation s toughest challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you are focused on maximum availability, reliability, security and performance for digital experiences by discovering and solving problems before they threaten mission-critical applications. You will combine engineering and software development experience and skills to drive best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing and delivery of systems.
Salary is commensurate to experience and location.
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply..
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Meet the FBI s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver s license.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy:
- No use of marijuana within the last three years.
- No use of any other illegal drug in the past 10 years.
- No selling, distributing, manufacturing or transporting of any illegal drugs.
- No use of a prescription drug or a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the last three years.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- Must never have knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- Must never have failed to file federal, state or local income tax returns.
- Must not be in default on a student loan insured by the U.S. government.
- Must not be in default on court-ordered child support payments.
- Must be registered with the Selective Service System (males only, exceptions apply).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
All degrees must be from an accredited college or university and must be verified by submitting college transcripts.
Specialized Experience (SE)
- Experience reporting and communicating high-value metrics to leadership.
- Understanding of how site reliability influences users.
- Strong knowledge of data-center infrastructure and cloud platforms in working directly with the infrastructure and application teams.
- Experience configuring and managing Software Defined Networks (SDNs).
- Familiarity with Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse Jetty, Java, content delivery network tools or similar software.
- Experience with log management systems such as Splunk.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools, including software such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Working knowledge of automation and orchestration to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment of applications and infrastructure.
- Experience with networking and networking protocols, including the use of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers, as well as TCP/IP, the OSI Model and network analysis tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Experience instrumenting and monitoring systems to gain visibility and understanding of how systems are performing.
- Experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button. Applications submitted without a resume will not be accepted.