Kforce has a client in the Fort Worth, TX area that is seeking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to their growing team.
The Site Reliability Engineer will assist in the day-to-day tasks critical to the team's success. The position will be responsible for supporting cloud infrastructure architecture and components, including hybrid cloud and Public Cloud platforms. This will include prototyping, initiating, and operationalizing of Public Cloud solutions. The Site Reliability Engineer will also be supportive of overall Cloud Transformation initiatives designed to meet key goals in creating a service-driven culture through performance and delivery of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions by public cloud vendors such as Azure and AWS. The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for configuration, efficiency, and performance of the deployed public cloud solutions. The scope of the role includes not only cloud engineering, but advanced level automation capabilities, and even some overlap into software development disciplines.
* Thorough command of both the Windows and Linux Operating Systems, with strong background in troubleshooting either
* Knowledge of native Kubernetes or related enterprise container platforms such as Open Shift
* Good understanding of the mechanics of this platform and the deployment pipeline that feeds it
* Knowledge of Public Cloud Governance frameworks, architectures, configurations, services, and solutions, specifically within Microsoft Azure, but may also include AWS and GCP
* Knowledge in core Azure services like Azure Kubernetes Service, CosmoDB, Azure Functions, Azure Storage Entities and Concepts, Azure CLI and PowerShell Cmdlets
* Knowledge in Azure organizational entities such as Departments, Accounts, Subscriptions, Resource Groups and Management Groups
* Strong automation skills in Linux and Windows including bash, python, and PowerShell
* Extensive experience with Terraform plans and associated development
* Knowledge of Arm Templates and various related automation methods within Azure
* Experience with modern source control repositories (e.g.: Git) and DevOps toolsets (Jenkins/Ansible, etc.) and familiarity with Agile/ Scrum methodologies
* Experience with cloud-native and microservice architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability
* Experience with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
* Experience with open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
* Ability to innovate, automate, and continually improve processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.