Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Job #: KR9899941021 Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates.
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker.
So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/
We are proud to foster a great team working environment and offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits packages including medical, flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, 401k and more
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Project Scope:
Our client is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Use your expertise in full stack application support to provide meaningful health and performance metrics, that will continuously drive reliability and consumer experience improvements.
- Work across teams to proactively identify and troubleshoot incidents within the stack.
- Support team in providing day-to day operational activities in a dynamic global 24x7 environment. Important to the role is the ability to identify, evaluate, and execute preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the consumer experience.
- Enable and lead the critical incident and problem management process where you will engage appropriate colleagues, vendors, and leadership teams to restore service, manage root cause analysis and recommend solutions for long term fix.
- Provide support during product launches and releases, prepare reports for management, identify risks/solutions, and make recommendations for continual improvement.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related field; MBA a plus. Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Practical expertise in managing and leading application reliability practices for consumer facing web and mobile experiences
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Previous experience with developing and driving real time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into site health and key performance indicators
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management
- Prior experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools
- 3-5+ years' experience in building cloud-based enterprise systems, ideally on AWS.
- 3-5+ years' technical experience working with consumer facing (e-commerce) mobile /web applications
- Proficient in Java 8 and newer
- Experience with other modern enterprise languages (functional or other - Scala, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Basic understanding of most of the following: ServiceNow, Jira, Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic, SignalFx, or equivalent Application Performance Monitoring Tool
- Familiarity with XCode, Android studio, Swift/Kotlin, Charles proxy is a plus
- Background with ITIL or Lean a plus
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs