The Site Reliability Engineers are a critical team within IT, which performs key functions that support all of IT and our business. The team is responsible for providing cutting edge monitoring solutions for our applications and infrastructure, support on outages, reduction of our mean time to resolution and consulting with architects and developers on development of stable, healthy applications and infrastructure.
SREs are expected to act as a technical resource that supports the monitoring of our systems and infrastructure. SREs are expected to support the team by building out monitoring on a number of different areas of IT critical to our business. SREs will participate in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to program coding, testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Methodology (SDM) processes. Knowledge of a variety of web development languages is required. Experience working with a variety our applications is preferred.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Work closely with the SRE team on building application monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoots for production issues with a goal toward a minimal mean time to resolution and prevention of issues.
- Develops projects and aids in maintaining the system architecture.
- Helps document and train the solution architecture to other developers.
- Coordinates the elicitation of business requirements and turns into the technical solution.
- Understands the process flow and uses best practices.
- Maintains appropriate level of communication about progress. Notifies all parties involved when schedule impacts occur.
- Can use problem solving to recognize there is a problem or issue and clearly communicate the problem to leadership.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in application development or application support
- C# development experience
- Basic understanding of relational databases and ability to query and modify data with SQL
- Client service experience
- Good communication skills
- On-site attendance Monday-Friday
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Experience in troubleshooting web application environment
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Any AppDynamics experience
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!