Title - Site Reliability Engineer
Location - Sunnyvale, CA
Duration – 12+ Months
Type - Contract
Interview Process/Mode - WebEX/Phone
- Work on a combination of tasks & projects such as analyzing and assisting in the resolution of production software and infrastructure issues, reporting, deployments, monitoring, automation, and designing for redundancy/business - continuity planning.
- Understand all aspects of Verizon Media s Big Data Stack and learn select components in depth.
- Work closely with engineering, operations, and Hadoop users to engineer cutting - edge solutions that allow Verizon Media to answer today's most challenging big data questions.
- Work in tight collaboration with Verizon Media Hadoop development team during the development lifecycle to ensure operability and reliability of new products, feature enhancements & research experiments.
- Scripting, Networking, Capacity planning and performance tuning
- 12x7 oncall
Nice to have skills:
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of industry experience, preferably at large scale
- Prior experience supporting 24x7, highly - available systems
- Hands - on expertise in administering, supporting, debugging and tuning Unix/Linux systems and technologies
- Solid understanding of best practices around operations, software development, release engineering & continuous delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge on Any flavour of UnixNetworking experience
- Cloud AWS (any other cloud is fine too)
- Bigdata analytics
- Site Reliability
- Deep understanding of Hive, Spark
- BigData clusters (at least one of Cloudera, Hortonworks, EMR)
Xoriant is an equal opportunity employer. No person shall be excluded from consideration for employment because of race, ethnicity, religion, caste, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.