TransAmerica, a premier IT consulting and technical staffing company has long term, contract for hire opening for a Help Desk Specialist. This position is located in in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Help Desk is the single point of contact for all Information Technology issues and requests from employees and contractors, and supports corporate users at every skill level and background via telephone, email, Web chat, and direct ticket submission.
Work must be performed onsite. Candidates must be flexible to work any 8-hour shift within our hours of operation, generally from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM with reduced staffing on weekends and major holidays. This position has five-day, 40-hour work week. We are seeking candidates who live in or around the Oak Ridge area in East Tennessee. Teleworking capability is also required, to assure coverage in cases of inclement weather.
Basic Qualifications - The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of call center/help desk experience or equivalent demonstrated technical abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers
- Experience in desktop and networking support
- Excellent customer service and team-oriented skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately via telephone, email, or person-to-person moderately complex technical information, and compose professional correspondence and reports.
- Ability to demonstrate sound troubleshooting skills and follow the majority of problems through to resolution
- Solid understanding of IT concepts and help desk software required
- Proven ability using and supporting pertinent software applications such as:
- Microsoft Windows XP and 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 and later
- Microsoft Exchange-based email
- Remote access software
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with the following will have an advantage in this job:
- Associates degree in IT-related field
- Two years of help desk experience with personal computer hardware and
- software in a corporate network environment
- Good understanding and basic experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Account administration using Microsoft Windows XP and 7
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection and Antivirus
- Remedy Action Request System
- VPN client software (e.g., Juniper, Cisco, Nortel, or proprietary)
- Web-based application development and support
- Database development or support (e.g., SQL)