JOB SUMMARY: The Six Sigma Black Belt role is specifically designed to facilitate significant quality, process and
performance improvement activities. Six Sigma Black Belts are deployed throughout the organization to
identify process defects and to implement improvement strategies. All Black Belts will use applicable
Process Improvement (PI) methodologies and metrics to plan, design and accomplish key projects and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Independently leads/facilitate complex, high-visibility projects across multiple functions or businesses and utilizes PI
methodologies to systematically drive and implement process improvements throughout the business.
2. Delivers significant operational improvement and/or financial benefit across all lines of business within the
3. Aligns PI initiatives and project objectives to business strategy, and prioritize projects accordingly.
4. Gain confidence and respect of peers, customers and senior management across functions and partners with
Process Owners and Champions to drive results.
5. Manages multiple PI projects as prioritized and assigned.
6. Acts as change agent to instill PI culture throughout the organization.
7. Educates, coaches and mentors team members on PI methodologies and application.
8. Studies new industry trends/developments and applies knowledge to future development approaches and strategies.
9. Develops and implements appropriate metrics including dashboards, scorecards and productivity reporting.
10. Influences, collaborates and communicates with all levels of employees and management.
Bachelor s degree required (engineering, business, statistics, science preferred).
Master's degree in engineering, business, statistics or science preferred.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
Minimum 5 years in the application of PI methodologies required (Healthcare setting preferred)
Knowledge of health care regulations, accreditation, and licensing requirements preferred.
Need acute care PI project experience. Working extensively with folks in the OR physicians, nursing and administrator of surgical services
Knows when to shift between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details.
Demonstrated ability to influence business leaders.
Demonstrated leading projects from initiation to completion.
Knowledge and understanding of advanced statistics.
Experience using structured problem-solving skills: uses a systematic, disciplined and data-driven approach.
Strong facilitation skills and/or experience (e.g., Kaizen, organizing and leading meetings, etc.).
Training, coaching and mentorship of Green Belts preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
Black Belt Certification required
SQL querying & data warehousing preferred