Skype System Engineer (Telecom)
Primary Location – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
V-Soft Consulting is an end-to-end recruiting and staffing solution provider known for our ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale.
What makes us different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia. V-Soft is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
V-Soft Consulting is currently hiring for a System Engineer (Telecom) for our premier client in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is a 6-month contract position for a global provider of innovative products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of technical, hands-on experience with Skype for Business, O365, Sonus SBC, along with a background in telecommunications
- 4+ years of project management, organization and analysis skills are required
- Technical, hands-on experience working with telecommunications solutions and technologies, such as PBX systems and dial plans, voicemail systems, call center solutions, IVRs, call accounting, call accounting, voice over IP configurations, integrated fax, and carrier circuit provisioning (PRIs, SIP trunks, MPLS, Ethernet, Broadband, etc.)
- Experience with the following: TCP/IP, DHCP, VLANs, MPLS, T1/T3/DS3, Wi-Fi, wireless access points, Ethernet, IP routing, switching, DNS, QoS, Q-Signaling, voice & video codecs, broadband circuits, cabling, wireless communications and technologies
- Experience with Skype support tools
- Experience with Polycom Group Series video conferencing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications Suite, including SharePoint, Visio and Project Management
- Proficiency with Active Directory attributes
- Proficiency with scripting in PowerShell
- Proficiency with SQL servers and Azure cloud is a plus
- Knowledge of infrastructure cabling
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to support multiple tasks and simultaneous active projects
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- May need the ability to respond, troubleshoot and resolve issues during off-hours and holidays.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Provide configuration, administration, analysis and support of Skype for Business and O365 Skype phone systems
- Provide administration for the Sonus SBCs 2Ks and perform configurations to support SIP trunks and toll free services
- Provide required configuration and support of projects that require telephony services, such as work flows, auto attendants, IVR routing, hunt groups and special call handling
- Provide support of the Polycom video conferencing systems, along with management interface tools, such as resource manager and real connect
- Responsible for leading a project from start to finish
- Perform daily MACDs from ServiceNow ticket requests
- Comply with IT Change Management processes
- Assist with training programs materials needed for sites moving to new technologies
- Proactively ensure systems are functioning at optimal performance levels
- Schedule routine maintenance checks to ensure all required server patches and certificates have applied to the systems
- Must know how to utilize and interpret Skype call quality reports to troubleshoot Skype or carrier service issues
- Perform routine tests and maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency and uptime of all unified communications systems and any third party hosted products
- Performs all other duties as required.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com
V-Soft Consulting Group is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. Known as an agile innovative technology services company, we were recently rewarded the Large Business of the Year award from Louisville Business First, and were recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.