Maxonic is assisting our direct client to fulfill an urgent role for the Researcher (Smart Manufacturing/ Industrial Operations). Please see the job description below and contact Nina Schindler for more details at .
Researcher (Smart Manufacturing/ Industrial Operations) in Farmington Hills, MI (27781)
- Location Farmington Hills, MI
- Employment: Permanent FTE
- Onsite work
- Visa: H1B visa transfer
- Relocation assistance
These candidates would be working in Industrial Innovation Lab. This group works with revolutionizing smart manufacturing capabilities, so we need candidates interested in industrial IoT or "manufacturing systems.
- The candidate should be capable of working with industry partners and customers, identifying customers' needs & challenges, and proposing & conducting solution design /implementation / verification.
- Ability to design, implement and apply manufacturing systems by leveraging production line design optimization, production scheduling optimization, production process optimization and production control optimization etc.
- The candidate should leverage Industry 4.0 elements to improve processes and productivity
- Ability to conceive proof of concept ideas and then scale them up to production not just on a single line but across different lines and factories
- The candidate must have the ability to make plans and execute them. He/she will perform complex process and system analysis with a high level of analytical ability
- Periodic generation of invention disclosures based on research outcome
- Publish technical papers and attend/present at conferences and seminars
- Must be able to travel locally and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Master or higher degree in Operations Research or mathematical information engineering, mechanical engineering, control engineering related field. (Required)
- Deep understanding, experience formulating and implementation of related technology, such as Linear Programming, Stochastic Programming, Mixed Integer Linear Programming, Meta-heuristics, Graph theory, Production simulation, Discrete-event simulation, Cyber-Physical System etc. (Required, but no need for all technologies)
- Working experience in scheduling and routing optimization problems for production operation management or AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) operation management. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of manufacturing system, manufacturing process, and production line design, optimization. (Required)
- Knowledge in Industry 4.0 IIoT Platform, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) protocols (Preferred)
- Knowledge of industrial automation equipment, such as robots, AGV, PLC. Hands-on experience preferred. (Preferred)
- Working knowledge in statistics, data mining techniques, Machine Learning methods and common tools. (Preferred)
- Experience with commercial solvers (Gurobi, Cplex, Xpress) or open-source solvers (GLPK, lp_solve, MIPCL, etc.) and developing algorithms in Python, Java, or C++ in a collaborative environment. (Required)
- Experience of presenting / publishing in international conferences or journals is preferred
- Capability of writing new proposals to sustain research funding is preferred
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. You should also feel free to contact Nina Schindler for more details.