Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Snowflake Data Warehouse Architect
for a right-to-hire contract assignment or a full-time employee with a financial services firm located in lower Manhattan, NYC. He/she can work remotely until offices re-open.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Architect, you will be providing technology leadership for a critical initiative aimed at simplifying the firm's investments technology architecture, including consolidating key systems and simplifying our overall data architecture. The firm needs your help with innovative ideas for leveraging the data platform to advance their front office portfolio management and research capabilities. This will include close collaboration with other teams in the program to help them embrace new technologies and ensure any data and reporting related plans are aligned Responsibilities
- Provide data architecture functions in support of a major migration to Snowflake's cloud data platform.
- Design core warehousing technical architecture including data ingestion, processing, validation, aggregation, and delivery.
- Design the overall investment data model and ensure the individual domain models fit within the model.
- Responsible for mapping data flows from source data domains to target systems.
- Analyzing business requirements, designing/modifying system processes to meet the analytical capability needs, and presenting them to the rest of the application development & data warehouse team.
- Working with developers, business analysts, and architects to establish the necessary data model to support the requirements.
- Mentor other team members on data warehouse standard methodologies, and new technologies such as Snowflake.
- Work with project management to make sure we have a detailed coordinated plan and work with cloud engineering to ensure key cloud services are automated
- Work with the data services team to ensure data is cataloged and validated
- Investment Management industry experience with front office systems, specifically warehouses and/or datamarts.
- Snowflake data warehouse product experience including experience in data ingestion, performance tuning, virtual warehouse construction, and data sharing.
- Proficient with data warehousing concepts and its design by using Star and/or Snowflake Schema methodologies.
- Proven working experience as a data modeler/data architect including technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in application design and development offering a rich mixture of business and technical expertise in data warehousing and reporting.
- Solid understanding of star and snowflake schema designs
- Experience with AWS Lambda and Glue and In-depth working experience of SQL queries for analysis and scripting
- Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models
- Knowledge of IBOR systems of Eagle Star, Advent, or Simcorp
- Hands-on development experience with Python and experience working with a mature CI/CD pipeline and formal software development.
- Cloud services experience: AWS (Azure or Google Cloud Platform helpful)
- Knowledge of Market data systems such as Factset or Bloomberg and various index providers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com