At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES . BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks for our seasonal team members including:
- Stratton season pass for all employees
- Free or discounted (depending on classification) season pass for dependents - this includes spouse & children under 26 years old
- Introduction letters for free lift tickets at all Alterra owned resorts - dependents too!
- Unlimited introduction letters for 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts
- Discounted golf or fitness center memberships
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- 12 - $25 lift tickets for your friend & family guests
- Onsite medical clinic
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid sick time
- Employee housing available
Stratton Mountain Resort is seeking highly motivated individuals with a love for the outdoors to join the snowmaking team. The responsibility of a winter snowmaker is to safely and efficiently operate snowmaking equipment. You will be part of the snowmaking team that has one goal. That goal is to provide the best possible snow conditions day in and day out.
Snowmaking is a huge expense that comes with a huge payoff, and we are looking for team players that take great pride in a job well done. The snowmaking team strives to provide a perfect product every single day. Prior equipment or snowmobile experience is a plus. Must be willing and able to work outside in all weather conditions. This is a physically demanding job and requires applicants to be physically and mentally fit in order to excel. We make snow whenever temperatures allow, with many shifts occurring overnight. Positions available for entry level up through experienced supervisors. Most of our open positions have start dates around November 1, with a couple of openings starting ASAP. Year round employment is available too!
Experienced snowmakers are encouraged to apply and and see how Stratton compares to the resort you currently work for - you'll be pleasantly surprised with Stratton's competitive perks and compensation program. Duties Include:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Pre-season preparation (brush cutting, snow gun and pipeline installation and snow gun setup)
- Safe and efficient operation of snowmaking equipment to produce the quality snow that Stratton guests expect
- Complete maintenance on snowmaking equipment
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Work with minimal supervision
- Assist other departments and fill in as needed
- Follow all company safety policies
- ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- ability to work in all winter conditions, including snow, rain, wind, ice
- ability to perform outdoor work for long periods of time without rest
- valid driver's license with a record that meets Stratton's driver policy
- ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include 12 hour &/or overnight shifts
- experience operating snowmobiles is helpful
Stratton Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer