Cognizant Social Media Team Overview
Cognizant is expanding its Global Social Media team to accelerate our brand's awareness and consideration of our digital transformation services, leveraging our social media ecosystem and thriving community. Our mission is to use social media and content marketing to create attention-getting, storytelling, and customer-focused messages to driving growth and innovation across our global markets. Job Description Cognizant Marketing's Social Media team is looking for an experienced project manager - highly skilled in social media, content marketing, and end-to-end campaign management.
The successful candidate must have artful internal client-facing skills, hands-on media experience, working knowledge of copywriting, design, and designing and implementing a multi-channel campaign. They will be at the table with our Field Marketing organization helping to figure out how to build the best storytelling with social media messaging and creative.
Our new team member must be able to work backward - demonstrating planning capability to execute on deliverables, manage stakeholders, and coordinates details. They must be a leader and not an order taker. They must understand how to convert business-unit goals into relevant social media strategies and activations - fiercely collaborating with colleagues. They must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work on tight deadlines, and occasionally flex hours is a must. Excellent English-writing skills required.
This role will report into the Head of Global Social Media and partner closely with the global Field Marketing teams, Global Marketing leaders, the Global Corporate Communications team, the Thought Leadership team, and the External and Executive Communications team. Responsibilities
- Ask the right questions - to make our marketers' social media messaging as hard-working as possible.
- Have ideas - to help our team constantly evolve our project management skillset.
- Focuses on the optimal experience and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Helps org to optimize best project management practices.
- Facilitate internal client meetings - understanding objectives/needs and lead development timeline for the social media creative and campaign activation.
- Defines/scopes programs or deliverables - helps to engage with the business. Starts design with the measurement in mind.
- Create and manage social media content creation calendars - to deliver on-time projects and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Create project timelines and drive the team to meet the deadlines.
- Manage communication coordination among team members so that there is clarity of purpose and outcome across marketing disciplines.
- Juggle many projects simultaneously, keeping track of project progress and communicating progress to team members as necessary.
- Define project scopes, tasks, and requirements to deliver quality marketing products.
- Liaise with internal creative resources and external agencies to execute creative deliverables.
- Manage and control project scope and the change control process.
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal and client status meetings.
- Develops relationships with appropriate internal client stakeholders.
- Maintains awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions - i.e., news events, trends, mergers, etc.
- Understands the appropriate use of intellectual property, governance, and adherence to IP law when designing content.
- May manage freelancer deadlines.
- At times, creates and copy edit content to make it consistent and accurate.
- Owns social media content delivery.
- Works with the Field Marketing team and immediate stakeholders to understand the content need and deliver appropriate content.