A Chicago-based, family-owned marketing and technology firm is seeking a prolific software developer with Ruby on Rails experience, to join a talented team of developers working together to maintain and optimize an existing Ruby on Rails web application. This is a full-time, hybrid position and candidates will need to be able to commute to the office located in the near-west suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, passionate about technology and providing solutions, and will have working experience with large-scale Ruby on Rails applications. Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience as Front-End Developer, Software Engineer or Application Developer
- Working experience with Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with MySQL queries
- Ability to work together/collaborate as a team
- MUST be able to commute to office about 1-2 days per week
What You Will Be Doing
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide updates to stakeholders
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Experience in marketing, ecommerce solutions
- Experience with coding reviews and agile testing
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Teamwork/Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and company holidays
- 401k with employer match
- Wellness programs
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) for mission-critical positions across North America. Our high-touch, specialized, team-based recruitment model's success is proven through our exemplary track record in filling the most challenging IT positions for startup and enterprise clients alike. Our hyper-specialized tech focus results in a truly consultative approach for both our clients and candidates, within our recruiting areas of expertise: Software, Mobile, Big Data, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Product + UX and Functional.
We're also the proud creators of Tech in Motion and the Timmy Awards, our North American events and award series that connects over 250,000 tech enthusiasts to meet, learn, and innovate.