Please, no third parties.
This position is fully remote due to COVID, but when it's safe to get back to the office, this position is onsite in San Diego, CA.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the entire scope of an application, including assisting with design, monitoring performance, understand interactions between components, as well as define limitations and requirements for source code.
- Collaborate with product, development, and QA teams to define product architecture and contribute to the development and implementation core products.
- Assist with creation of documentation with regards to application architecture, design steps, integration processes, and testing processes.
- Participate in routine product builds as well as design and code reviews.
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
- Identify and recommend where new technologies may be incorporated.
- Collaborate with business analysts to aid in the design of the system.
- Provide domain specific training and mentor other team members.
Skills & Requirements:
- 10+ years of software development experience including mastery of OO design principles, design patterns, SOA, distributed architecture patterns and a good understanding of the full life cycle of development.
- Extensive experience leveraging a variety of languages and technologies to develop and deploy web-based and web-enabled business applications.
- Strong hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale systems.
- 5+ years of system level, application level and database level performance management, supportability and logging.
- Experience with asynchronous jobs and/or data pipelines.
- A dedication to automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), and configuration management through IT automation.
- Understanding and dedication for automated testing, multiple kinds of tests, and use of them in daily development activities.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred.
tags: ruby developer, ruby architect, ror developer, ror architect, ruby on rails developer, ruby on rails architect, web application architect, web applications architect, software architect, systems architect, system architect, principal software architect, principal software engineer