Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is hiring a Software Applications Systems Engineer
to lead the end-to-end planning, implementation, deployment, operation and enhancement of complex software systems for maritime domain awareness in support of Intelligence Community missions. Your role will also include the following:
- Support the development and fielding of automated software capabilities by eliciting, analyzing, developing, and managing requirements
- Perform functional analyses, develop system functional and physical designs or architectures, and generate system specification documents
- Develop test and evaluation plans or procedures, execute test plans and procedures, analyze test data and developing reports
- Conduct trade studies or structured analyses of alternatives, develop and execute risk management plans, develop and manage interface control documents
- Conduct technology readiness assessments
- Lead and participate in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), including formal and informal design reviews.
- Develop documentation supporting Risk Management Framework ICD 503 process.
Key functions of this position include but are not limited to: daily interaction with customers and supporting contractors (technical consultation, meeting coordination & facilitation, and preparation and support to technical briefings), analysis of alternatives, development of strategic options for architecture, acquisition strategy and implementation solutions, acquisition analysis and support (e.g., proposal evaluation), requirements management, readiness tracking, and validation and verification of delivered capabilities. Qualifications:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with a polygraph.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Strong engineering background in development oversight, integration and fielding of software systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey technical and/or programmatic assessments.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working within Acquisition Offices as Systems Engineering and Technical Assessment (SETA) and/or Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I).
- Experience with Agile software development desired. (e.g., Scrum Master, SAFe Agilist)
- Experience with definition and/or development of systems in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
- Experience transitioning legacy systems to AWS/C2S optimized applications
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate desired.
- Experience working with external stakeholders
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here .