Job ID: 2118366 Location:
WARREN , MI , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Software Architect to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI. This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022.
The Software Architect is responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable APPs that meet customer needs over the product-market lifecycle. The Architect is driven by a customer centric mindset and platform oriented to utilize design thinking to guide their decisions. Responsible for working closely with Software Development teams, to help establish technology road maps to execute on their top business applications. This individual will be a very well rounded Application Architect that has a broad background of understanding of technologies and can learn new technologies/off the box tools quickly to help tackle embedded problems, develop Application design and architecture. This role will provide leadership in these areas across the organization in both a strategic and tactical manor.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited:
- Design Application architecture that is flexible and robust for the future of a Vehicle Software Platform; including modeling, software tools, and automated generation of software artifacts to support the platform.
- Lead the strategy and development of the Application Software architecture.
- Lead design reviews with specialists within the company, as well as GVSC professionals.
- Manage change requests in the system and with the architecture community to implement your changes into actions.
- Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations.
- Stay abreast of new technology.
- Collaborate with engineering, architect community, and business teams in recommending new technologies to ensure innovation, quality, and productivity, and help create technology roadmap.
- Coach the SW Developer scrum team in executing the development deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, or Math from an accredited college or university. A Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience.
- A minimum total of 14 years' experience in development of software architecture artifacts for DoD systems including: A minimum of 5 years' experience in development of U.S. military ground vehicle systems; and A minimum of 5 years' experience in developing and documenting software architectures using Unified Modeling Language.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.