Please, no third parties.
There is no relocation assistance or employment sponsorship available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technical leadership and engineering teams to build highly scalable platforms using modern design principles and technologies.
- Play an integral role assessing, mitigating risk, and improving the architectures of existing applications and platforms.
- Lead the architectural vision for large-scale platforms and integrations leveraging modern technology stacks, with a core focus on scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to design and build platform services that meet key product and infrastructure requirements.
- Produce both high-level and detailed designs for platform-level services.
- Develop clean, scalable, modular, secure, well-structured and testable code.
- Define patterns and develops reusable components and libraries.
- Design and implement microservices with thoughtfully-defined APIs.
- Take ownership of designed services and platform components through to delivery.
- Clearly communicate architectural decisions, roadblocks and timelines to key stakeholders.
- Mentor and lead teams of software engineers, UX resources, database resources, etc.
- Reviews application- and service-level code and provide feedback and guidance to engineering team during implementation.
Skills & Experience
- 8+ total years of enterprise software engineering experience and 3+ years in a formal software architecture role.
- Experience with Node.js and/or React.
- Proven success conceptualizing end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation.
- Experience with most or all of the following: DevOps, AWS, Azure, CI/CD, Angular, Python, C#, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is highly preferred.
- A broad range of skills and technical capabilities rooted in proven product experience using modern architectural patterns and technologies.
- Extensive experience collaborating with engineering, product and other business units to design, build, and deliver cloud-based SaaS products.
- Experience with at least one type of queuing or messaging system (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.).
- Experience with at least one RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, etc.).
- Experience with at least one document-oriented DB system (MongoDB and/or CouchDB preferred).
- Experience using, designing, and building service-oriented architectures using Web Service, Restful APIs, etc.
- Experience with DB schema/document design and data modeling.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration.
- Fluency with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Extensive understanding of modern architectural styles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), including web services and APIs.
tags: software architect, solutions architect, solution architect, system architect, systems architect, .net architect, .net developer, azure architect, cloud architect, software engineer, web application developer, web applications developer