By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they'll tell you we are a people company. AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processed 9.5 million payments last year across its network of more than 500,000 suppliers, transforming the way 5,500 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,300 employees in seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including "Innovate to Change the Game," "Passion about Customer Success," "Win as a Team," "Play to our Strengths," and "Have a Blast." We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Solutions Architect, you will be an integral member of the AvidXchange
software development team, developing best-in-class advancements to our products. The Solution Architect is accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. product owners, software engineers, enterprise architects, etc.) to craft solutions that are aligned to the architecture principles for AvidXchange's
suite of product.
- You will perform architecture reviews and assessments while working with product teams to improve their existing solutions.
- You will work with Product Management to get understanding of product backlogs and factor into architecture as appropriate.
- You will collect information from different sources and integrate information to find creative technical solutions that meet business needs.
- You will collaborate with other Solution Architects and Technical Leads to ensure consistency across teams and improve technology reuse.
- You will support Enterprise Architects in the establishment and adoption of company technology standards.
- You will develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable or un-scalable requirements.
- You will build, present, and document comprehensive architecture designs in a concise, yet thorough manner.
- You will figure out development / business efforts in terms of duration, cost, and scope.
- You will analyze necessary functionality / features to figure out appropriate technologies (recommending new technologies as appropriate).
- You will investigate new solution compatibility with the existing environments
- You will define high level architecture, standard methodologies, and guidelines that balance short-term and long-term objectives in a practical manner
Experience and Qualifications Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required and 6+ years of experience in software development (including at least 1 year of experience with technical architecture)
Mandatory Skills/Experience (must-have)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment (Scrum / Kanban)
- Hands-on experience working with Git in continuous integration environments
- Hands-on experience writing Unit Tests
Desired Skill/Experience (nice-to-have)
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Entity Framework, Aurelia, Typescript, Angular
- Knowledge and skills surrounding Azure-based Cloud architectures (highly desired)
- Experience with service oriented or micro service architectures: ESBs, REST, SOAP, XSLT, and XML
- Experience with SQL Server 2014+ including stored procedures, indexes, and functions
- Experience building/supporting distributed systems
- Experience developing web based financial systems
- Experience with secure coding practices, familiarity with OWASP top ten.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Able to conduct proof of concepts, perform solution evaluations and comparisons, give estimations, and provide architecture recommendations to product teams.
- Able to balance the long term and short-term implications of architectural decisions.
- Able to work independently and prioritize work.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against
applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Architecture
- Pay Type Salary