Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Software Architect, to play a key role with the design and development of software for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community stakeholders. Our team includes highly skilled systems engineers, software, data and system integration engineers, and data scientists. You will work in either Arlington, VA or Bethesda, MD.
Working closely with the customer and project team members, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand and interpret requirements, high-level features and desired outcomes to articulate the needs to be addressed.
- Provide technical leadership and support to multiple Agile development team(s) to deliver solutions with architectures that provide capability improvements, reduced maintenance costs and flexibility to adapt quickly to customer needs
- Formulate software designs that create solutions meeting various desired outcomes (both current and future) while balancing the goals and constraints on the solutions (i.e. customer environment, cybersecurity, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), etc.).
- Design, develop, and execute software solutions
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Manage change to the software architecture and control software complexity. Make software architecture and solutions as flexible as possible. Defend against, when appropriate, suggested changes to the software architecture that introduce undue complexity or future supportability issues. Assist with trade off analyses of increased complexity.
- Collaborate with team members to obtain inputs to the overall architecture and solution
- Communicate software architecture framework to stakeholder groups with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Design, test, and evaluate technologies and vendor solutions for inclusion into existing architecture to solve technical or customer problems
- Clarify quality software requirements and standards
- Identify software risks early in the development cycle
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to meet the customer needs and provide innovative solutions for improvements
This is you:
- BS degree in computer Science or related technical field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience in software development processes, designing, developing and implementing enterprise scale technology or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have a Top Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph clearance
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in software architecture
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading development teams
- Experience designing enterprise architecture with modern, enabling technologies and processes e.g. CI/CD, virtualization, agile design and development, REST services, API development, authentication and authorization protocols
- Experience collaborating with product owners, users and developers to design and communicate an innovative and secure architecture that enables continuous delivery of software
- Development experience with interpreted or compiled languages, such as Python or Java respectively
- Development experience with code repositories, branching, tagging and creating release candidates
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
- Experience working with a highly technical team in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with various stakeholders (i.e. customers, developers, system engineers, system admins)
If you have these skills you will wow us even more:
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and implementation
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ or other messaging technologies
- Experience with Knowledge Graph technologies (e.g. Neo4j)
- Experience with cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with development in AWS and/or Azure and their configuration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: