The Software Architect effectively leads and manages customer-wide software architecture, being responsible for implementing business applications to meet the customer needs. The Software Architect researches current technologies that are compliant within the federal IT sector and strategically aligns IT projects with ongoing business needs. Requirements in this area include the improvement/development of application services across civilian regulatory. This role will be supporting innovations and IT modernization to increase effectiveness and efficiency across the enterprise.
The Software Architect will provide expertise to translate an enterprise's strategy into a future software architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state. Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation. Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprise's governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include organizational strategy development, portfolio and project management, software development, and software operations and maintenance. Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the software architecture. Researches and advises on the selection of technologies to include within the software architecture. Provides analyses of potential changes to the software architecture. Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to verify compliance with policies. Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to verify policy compliance. Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the software architecture. Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
As the customer establishes new methods of regulating energy, The Software Architect works closely with each program office to meet their technical and functional requirements. The Software Architect provides the design, development, and implementation of software solutions at customer and utilizes an SDLC as a framework for solutions. Following the SDLC governance, supports the delivery of secure and reliable software and services to meet the requirements of civilian regulatory. The customer also requires all projects utilize earned value management (EVM) to determine progress and value.
Currently, applications and infrastructure reside on premises at the HQ and the Alternative Computing Facility (ACF). The customer is in the early execution phases of a long-term program to lessen reliance on internal application and system hosting in favor of cloud services. The customer is using email on the cloud today. The customer is currently conducting market research with cloud service providers to see what federally compliant offerings are available to support the federal sector. The customer expects the Contractor to assist with future transitions to the Cloud. Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree and fourteen (14) years of experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of experience.
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of best practices to include DevOps, continuous deployment and continuous integration services, code repositories, and security vulnerability identification to support the cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in working clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client's use cases
- Experience developing functional process diagrams
- Experience complying with all applicable security and information assurance (IA) / cybersecurity policies and directives
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- DevOps certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Public Trust L5 Security Clearable
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
- Software development tools, such as Eclipse
- Agile tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- STIG or equivalent cybersecurity assessment
- Continuous integration / continuous deliver (CI/CD) tools
My SAIC Benefits.