We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Architect. Our client is located in downtown Chicago. They offer a great base salary, bonus up to 20% and amazing benefits.
Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams. Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of autonomous judgment. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods.
• Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
• Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
• Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
• Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
• Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical resources.
• Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
• At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
• Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
• At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
• Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
• Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications :
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.