The NIC Division of Tyler Technologies is looking an Enterprise Architect - APIs & Microservices - to complement our growing One Outdoor team.
The ideal candidate is looking to make their mark on a company that is taking our use of technologies to the next level. We're an innovative company seeking to use APIs and Microservices to make us more nimble and more innovative. We are making additional investments in Cloud related leading-edge technologies that you will be a part of: Cloud, Application Platforms and Mobile. Summary
- The Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading overall architecture of the NIC division's secure cloud microservice platform including defining overall technology strategies, service capabilities/composition and performing governance of service design.
- Set the technical strategy and approach for APIs & Microservices for the NIC Division - resulting in a successful adoption of APIs and Microservices across the company, including: Enterprise Products, state-specific applications, and federal applications.
- Conceptualize, Design, and Communicate the API & Microservice strategy and approach to technical and non-technical employees.
- Evangelize the use of APIs and Microservices throughout the company, including technical SMEs, business operations and executives, to drive adoption and successful collaboration across the NIC division.
- This role is part of the NIC division's overall Enterprise Architecture efforts to transform the technology including: Cloud, APIs & Microservices, and Application Platforms.
Experience / Education
- Own high level technical vision and strategy for the platform and coordinate with stakeholders to address business needs.
- Develop and evolve technology strategy, aligned to and prioritized by business objectives.
- Define platform architecture including deployment pipeline/model, developer controls and operational capabilities.
- Develop microservice standards, methodology and repeatable processes.
- Educate customers on platform capabilities, governance and adoption process.
- Evangelize business benefits and impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery and engineering practices.
- Develop architecture and governance for building scalable, performant and extensible microservices.
- Drive the architecture review/governance process.
Like to have
- Minimum of 10 years development experience emphasis on Service Oriented Architecture
- Understanding of modern data architectures (event driven architecture, data democratization, stream log processing, message bus architecture)
- Demonstrated knowledge of RESTful API design best practices
- Hands on experience with building high-availability, scalable RESTful services using microservices architecture
- Substantial hands-on coding experience: successful candidates do not just describe patterns but can also coach and instruct at the code level
- Minimum of 5 years' experience building cloud native services/applications on AWS
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Software and immutable infrastructure techniques (observability, CI/CD)
- Strong experience with a wide array of AWS services; CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SES, DynamoDB, KMS, Cognito, Lambda, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and best practices
- Experience designing and maintaining a microservices platform architecture
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture, design, testing, and deployment
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Demonstrated knowledge of JWT and OAuth token-based authentication protocol
- Strong understanding of modern cloud security; IAM policy management, KMS / tenant encryption, VPCs, security groups, transport security, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCI and Security Coding Standards
- Experience with identity management and approaches to platform multi-tenancy
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.