iSphere is searching for a REMOTE contract to perm or full-time Software Architect in Houston, who will be an integral part of the Agile development team that is responsible for building and maintaining enterprise-grade software in the automotive finance and insurance domain. SA will be responsible for ensuring the team is consistently delivering performant, secure, and efficient solutions. SA will act as an example to the team members, collaborate closely with customers, and remove or escalate impediments. Additionally, they apply their knowledge of software design principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures, and multiple programming languages as a daily contributor.
The ideal candidate will be able to actively sponsor continuous improvement within the team, the department, and the company. They will be able to have significant methodology experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Guide the team’s efforts toward consistently delivering technical solutions
- Provide technical leadership to teammates via coaching and mentorship
- Ensure the team maintains the highest standards of quality
- Collaborate with Product Owners, stakeholders, subject matter experts, architects, and other developers to design, deliver, and maintain technical solutions
- Design, develop, and test products in accordance with established standards and best practices
- Partner with technical infrastructure teams to help design and provision products
- Maintain robust communication with key stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle
- Facilitate post-event reviews using root cause analysis techniques in order to continuously improve
- Guide and contribute to architectural design decisions, and foster new ideas and innovations in our products
- Triage and resolve product issues and defects
- Facilitate DevOps processes and capabilities for automated product delivery
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance existing products and services
Education and Experience requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field, with academic knowledge of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.) and 8-10 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and or experience
- Direct participation in the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of three or more large-scale projects
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases, key value stores, or related technologies
- Solid object-oriented programming experience
- Self-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with programming languages such as TypeScript, Python, Erlang, and Go
- Experience with PaaS/SaaS and cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB and CouchDB
- Experience with service bus and messaging technologies such as NServiceBus, Amazon SQS, MSMQ, and RabbitMQ
- Experience with web-based UI/UX frameworks such as React and Angular
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with any of the following: Git, Elastic, Team City, Octopus, Kibana, and Grafana
iSphere provides our potential consultants with direct access to top area clients and decision makers frequently resulting in a quicker interview and hiring process. For our selected candidates, our recruiters provide resume and career coaching, interview preparation, knowledge of local compensation trends, and try to get to know you as a person all while providing as clear and consistent communication with you as possible.
Many of our consulting roles offer the possibility to transition to staff assignments with our client companies for those candidates that are interested and can serve as an excellent chance to try an environment out before making a long-term career commitment to an organization.
iSphere offers several choices of major medical plans as well as the opportunity to participate in 401K and profit sharing plans.
Client access, flexibility, and support for your long-term goals; get more at iSphere
Building on a foundation of individual care and commitment for over 20 years, iSphere continues to grow by setting the standard for better service to both our IT consultants and the clients we serve.
As Corporate and Government solution strategists and architects, iSphere provides innovative products, professional services, and staff to help private and public sector clients achieve their goals and transform their technology driven business models. Clients partner with us to deliver successful business-IT strategy, top technology systems and bright IT talent.
Partners to the energy and financial trading, healthcare, education, and government sectors, iSphere’s team of skilled consultants are experts at solving business and technology challenges with advanced IT solutions.
With an unflagging work ethic, a cohesive team, and a passion for innovative service and solutions, our clients know they can depend on iSphere.