We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Software Automation Developer II within our Information Technology team. Reporting to the Supervisor of Application Delivery you will:
- ensure high quality of delivery for critical business functions through design, development, and integration of test automation frameworks.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Software Automation Developer II will collaborate with a cross functional team of product owners, software developers, system analysts, and system engineers to enforce quality deliverables through automation. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software automations.
- Adhere to and follow established software automation development standards and procedures.
- Provide support to business functions through the development and maintenance of automation framework for applications thereby maintaining quality standards.
- Collaborate and participate in peer code and design reviews.
- Analyze business and system requirements to design automation plans, develop automation scripts, setting up test environment and analyzing test results.
- Contribute software automation expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Collaborate with development teams and other stakeholders to understand the applications to provide good automation coverage.
- Represent the IT department in terms of software automation development expertise in coordination with other departments.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Information Technology Division.
- You have a Bachelor Degree and/or relevant technical training with no preferred certification.
- You have 3 to 4 years’ of directly related experience.
- You have demonstrated experience with software automation in an agile environment and development frameworks (Spring, Junit and Selenium).
- You have demonstrated RDBMS experience (i.e, Oracle, SQL Server and Postgre).
- You have demonstrated experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Bamboo & Jenkins).
- You have demonstrated experience with REST APIs and tools comparable to Postman & SoapUI.
- You are proficient in at least two (2) of the following: Java 7+, .NET, Bash, Ruby or Perl.
- You have strong technical documentation experience.
- You have 1 year experience using product to write automation scripts, such as Cucumber or similar product
- You have knowledge of application security concepts.
- You have experience with agile SDLC; scripting languages; working with JMeter to automate ui load testing.
- You have experience in Designing/implementing end to end automation frameworks.