LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY - 100% REMOTE
We are looking for a Software Design Engineer in Test with established, strong automation skills to participate in the development of our product. This role will be responsible for selecting and building out test frameworks that allow performance, scalability, and automation.
- Partner with the engineering team to understand product requirements.
- Work closely with the product team, project management and scrum master on an ecosystem that will automate and run tests.
- Help to refine the acceptance criteria for platform features and capabilities to define work that is ready for/works with automation.
- Contribute to reviews of code and platform design to ensure work meets the product quality and acceptance criteria.
- Partner with the development and cloud teams to build the systems, frameworks, and patterns to ensure quality product releases.
- BS degree in an engineering or computer discipline or relevant certification
- 5+ years software engineering or quality assurance experience
- Experience with the theoretical and practical purposes of various forms of Software Testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing, White Box testing, Sanity testing, Smoke testing, Interface testing, and Regression testing.
- Demonstrated expertise with Continuous Integration and Continuous Test systems and frameworks.
- Experience with testing APIs and REST concepts. Disclaimer
- ? Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g., Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design, documentation, continuous integration/continuous delivery, etc.…).
- Experience with software quality tooling (examples include: Mocha, RSpec, RCov, Test Kitchen, nUnit/jUnit, Jmeter, Selenium, Appium, Cucumber)
- Experience cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Experience with serverless systems (AWS Lambda preferred).
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker preferred).
- Experience testing mobile applications (iOS & Android)
- Proficient in Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work well with a distributed team.