req847 Job Title:
Software Dev-Object Oriented Number of Openings:
1 Job Category:
Professional/Technical Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift:
Not Required Location:
Bloomington, IL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and tests new and/or modifies existing web based applications in languages such as Java, J2EE, .NET, etc.
- Handles migration of applications from mainframe languages to web based languages to meet business and technical requirements
- Analyzes the technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design ?quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with ?the organization's architectural standards
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and work with senior architects to develop recommendations that align with State Farm's IT strategy
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications and components
- Maintains a current understanding of how technology can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Designs, develops, and tests the creation and/or maintenance of web based applications
- Applies a thorough knowledge and strategic view of one or more web applications/tools (not J2EE exclusive) to help meet the needs of the organization and complete assignments
- Conducts research and integrates industry best practices into Systems processes and potential solutions
- Influences and offers feedback to business and systems partners to enhance the vision for web based software development, integration, and support
- Drives/delegates unit work of other analysts (financial responsibility, expense management) and anticipates emerging trends
- Leads and/or contributes strategic work (crosses multiple organizational boundaries) and influences the direction set for teams, procedures, and processes
- Drives, embraces, and enables an environment of change - fostering innovation, championing initiatives, efforts, and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise
- Maintains solid relationship and strategic partnering skills with business partners, team members, and external associates
- Understands, supports, and helps define the vision and direction for web software development
- Demonstrates depth or breadth of knowledge regarding Systems Department technology trends/changes, best practices, and processes to complete assignments and influence the direction of solutions
- Leads and/or contributes to technical work that crosses organizational boundaries while championing initiatives and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period for a lateral move and a 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
Last date to apply: 5/4/2018
State Farm Internal Cloud Solutions currently has an opening for Software Developer for the opportunity to provide support for State Farm’s Cloud Provisioning mechanisms. In addition to learning and supporting current environments, there will be opportunities to learn and evolve the current Cloud infrastructure into its next major lifecycle version. Applicants applying for these positions will learn and provide support for our existing Cloud environment, communicate within and across infrastructure teams, and be involved with the evolution and automation of the State Farm’s Cloud infrastructure.
Applicants should have the knowledge of and/or experience with:
- VMware ESX
- Virtual Center
- Site Recovery Manager
- vRealize Operations Management
The successful candidate will have the ability to do the following:
- Implement, integrate, and support State Farm Cloud infrastructure with technical solutions and related vendor software and tools.
- Develop, follow, and/or implement policies, strategies, guidelines, standards, and procedures to improve time to market opportunities and provide flexible solutions by embracing the solution provider mindset.
- Contribute to the Systems environment and demonstrate innovation, passion, flexibility, adaptability, and initiative in daily activities.
- Maintain an understanding of how technology can enhance State Farm’s Cloud infrastructure and helps our business partners.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas.
SFARM MON18 CB18 #LI-LF1