req24 Job Title:
Software Dev-Object Oriented Number of Openings:
2 Job Category:
Professional/Technical Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift:
Bloomington, IL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and tests new and/or modifies existing web based applications in languages such as Java, J2EE, .NET, etc.
- Handles migration of applications from mainframe languages to web based languages to meet business and technical requirements
- Analyzes the technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design ?quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with ?the organization's architectural standards
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and work with senior architects to develop recommendations that align with State Farm's IT strategy
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications and components
- Maintains a current understanding of how technology can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Designs, develops, and tests the creation and/or maintenance of web based applications
- Applies a thorough knowledge and strategic view of one or more web applications/tools (not J2EE exclusive) to help meet the needs of the organization and complete assignments
- Conducts research and integrates industry best practices into Systems processes and potential solutions
- Influences and offers feedback to business and systems partners to enhance the vision for web based software development, integration, and support
- Drives/delegates unit work of other analysts (financial responsibility, expense management) and anticipates emerging trends
- Leads and/or contributes strategic work (crosses multiple organizational boundaries) and influences the direction set for teams, procedures, and processes
- Drives, embraces, and enables an environment of change - fostering innovation, championing initiatives, efforts, and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise
- Maintains solid relationship and strategic partnering skills with business partners, team members, and external associates
- Understands, supports, and helps define the vision and direction for web software development
- Demonstrates depth or breadth of knowledge regarding Systems Department technology trends/changes, best practices, and processes to complete assignments and influence the direction of solutions
- Leads and/or contributes to technical work that crosses organizational boundaries while championing initiatives and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise
RE3(4574) RE4(4573) Posting will be open until 7/9/2017. Lead on the Quality Engineering team in the Customer/Associate Data Management & Agency/Marketing (CAAM) area.
The primary responsibilities:
*Promoting secure coding best practices with the CAAM developer community.
*Promoting developer accountability for producing code that meets or exceeds established quality thresholds.
*Adapting & applying established code quality practices to new & emerging project methodologies include SAFe agile.
*Leading & directing the work of a team of external associates to ensure effective project engagements & adequate levels of service.
*Consult/partner w/projects, IT archs & Software Engineer to research/identify processes, tooling/reporting that enable pace & ensuring quality. Lead/conduct proofs of concept related to potential tooling & reporting.
*Ensure tech guides remain current & applicable.
*Drive out process improvements supporting developer self-sufficiency.
*Identifying current & relevant technical topics to be presented in monthly area developer forums.
*Conducting code reviews &/or coaching developers on effective peer review techniques.
Desired Skills & Tool Knowledge
Apex/SOQL is a plus
Spring Frameworks, Spring MVC, RESTful & SOAP web services, OO design, General troubleshooting/debugging, Design Patterns
Tools-Eclipse IDE, Subversion, Git, Jenkins, Web Sphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat
Code quality tools- JaCoCo, Checkstyle, PIT, PMD, Findbugs
This position will have a 18-mo incumbency period for a lateral move & a 6-mo incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm & the employee & does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.